• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I think Roy's the only really questionable selection in this group, but from there the question becomes 'Who else opens?'

Maybe, if they've decided this is their best middle order, they could convert Taylor into an ODI opener?
I don't like the selection of Billings. I accept he has a good List A record but I'm extremely suspicious of players who only have a good record in one format.

This isn't to say he's a bad player or won't be a good international player in the future, but if you can't average over 30 in the First Class game I don't think it says much about how good you are as a cricketer. One format players tend to be one dimensional and quickly get found out at this level IMO.

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
Definite glimmer of hope for England though - Santner still new and probably one spot too high at #6, Ronchi who is always prone to an early innings hoick, and then you're into the bowlers - and it's a long tail. NZ obviously still well on top, but there's a sniff for England.

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Little disappointed with Willey. Here I was thinking (surrounding the hype) he could be a 90mph bowler who gives give the ball a whack and potentially another Flntoff in the making, but the speed gun has confirmed my worst suspicions (around 83mph), that he is a another medium paced trundler. He better do something special with the ball at those speeds.