• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Howe_zat

Audio File
The backlash caused by England scoring a dismal 302 has begun. Changes must be made for the next match or another paltry score is in the offing.
Cook would see them through to the 50 over mark. I mean 200 not all out is better than 300 and you lose all the wickets. No chance of a draw there.
Eh? They're playing better here than the World Cup...
They are, or at least Root, Buttler and Morgan are, who we already knew would be part of the side for a fair bit longer.

I've mostly just decided I don't really rate Jason Roy and I think the link between picking meh players like that and the batting order suddenly being better is spurious.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They are, or at least Root, Buttler and Morgan are, who we already knew would be part of the side for a fair bit longer.

I've mostly just decided I don't really rate Jason Roy and I think the link between picking meh players like that and the batting order suddenly being better is spurious.
Quite so. Roy is a lucky boy to be playing international cricket given his domestic track record, but maybe he'll justify the call. It's still early days of course.

I suppose the biggest failing today was the lack of a Plan B when it was clear we might be bowled out well within the 50 overs. Perhaps that's all part of the learning process.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Those guys all moving up the order is to me the big difference. Would still swap Stokes and Buttler around, but it's better than before. The new guys, Rashid's big game aside, haven't done much yet as far as I can tell. Thought Willey should have been given first go at 7 instead of Billings

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah I think Roy's the only really questionable selection in this group, but from there the question becomes 'Who else opens?'

Maybe, if they've decided this is their best middle order, they could convert Taylor into an ODI opener?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson is way too good for Rashid, isn't he.

Morgan had better decide who's most likely to take some wickets and make sure they bowl their 10 overs, as this won't be going anywhere near the full 50.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Now this is just silly, unless Morgan has seen something to suggest that Root might be the one to remove one of these guys. But if he thinks he needs to make up Rashid's quota with some part-time off-spin, he's living in dreamland.

Harrier

Cricket Spectator
Am I the only one who heard a very definite noise there in real time? Only for there to be no sound on the replay and nothing on snicko.... am I losing it?