• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Santner at six will be interesting. Not looking forward to watching Nathan McCullum and McClenaghan bowl though. England's bowling attack isn't quite one for the art of cricket either.
Interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing MM, thought he was refreshingly awesome in the IPL after looking in terrible form in the 6 months or so prior to the WC.

Looks like a good batting deck this.

Zinzan

I know we got the early break, but boy...feels like a bat-first deck. Could be a long afternoon in the field unless NZ keep breaking through.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Feel like Hales will be the run-a-ball 30 kind of guy, whack a couple of boundaries, then do something impossibly stupid to get out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing MM, thought he was refreshingly awesome in the IPL after looking in terrible form in the 6 months or so prior to the WC.
As a neutral(ish) fan I just don't enjoy watching him even when he's effective.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Feel like Hales will be the run-a-ball 30 kind of guy, whack a couple of boundaries, then do something impossibly stupid to get out.
At lower levels Hales has historically been almost the opposite of that: a really terrible starter who becomes very dangerous after he's in.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
God, stop marketing ODIs like T20. Playing music between every boundary - it's a bloody long day going to an ODI fixture, need artificial enhancement to get through it with their "entertainment".

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bowling action, attitude, inconsistency or combination of all?
Mainly just the action. Inconsistency is grating but it can be endearing if I enjoy watching someone bowl. :p

I've got no gripe with his attitude/commitment etc at all though.

Zinzan

Any inside knowledge of this wicket? Expected to slow up much as the day goes on?... Has that feel about it. Ball coming off the bat beautifully although hardly getting through to the keeper.

Zinzan

Mainly just the action. Inconsistency is grating but it can be endearing if I enjoy watching someone bowl. :p

I've got no gripe with his attitude/commitment etc at all though.
Yeah, hard to not love his commitment. I see Ponting was gushing about his attitude in a recent MI interview.

Incidentally, get the feeling Guptill would have loved batting first on this. Standing tall & hitting through the line of the ball. Pleased we have 2 spinners & KW after this start.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any inside knowledge of this wicket? Expected to slow up much as the day goes on?... Has that feel about it. Ball coming off the bat beautifully although hardly getting through to the keeper.
Sounds like a typical Edgbaston wicket. No pace or bounce, so only edges off aggressive shots tend to carry.

Can't see any pitch in England changing much over the course of a ODI. It's traditionally been hard to force long format victories at Edgbaston, when Durham won there 2-3 seasons ago it was the first away win for an age and Warwickshire (home side) aren't anything flash.