• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possibly a generous declaration, but I think a 500 target would make it more likely England completely shut up shop and save the game. There are reasons why no-one's chased down a target of 450, but the hopes are faint enough that England at least try to win for a while.

Add there's weather and an extra half hour might come in handy.

Not a premature declaration imo, if we can't defend 454 we suck and should be ashamed of ourselves.
Or ashamed of the declaration. Root and Cook can play. Hick v2 is due. As is Ali. Unless he cannot bat, which would match his bowling. Great Beard, though. Almost as good as Amlas.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think too many of England's senior players are especially popular with neutrals.
There's only four of them. I know Jimmy is a bit lippy and Cook a bit boring but I wouldn't of thought of this as a "Why can't both teams lose?" series particularly.

Spark

Global Moderator
There's only four of them. I know Jimmy is a bit lippy and Cook a bit boring but I wouldn't of thought of this as a "Why can't both teams lose?" series particularly.
Cook hasn't endeared himself with his captaincy and his public commentary at times. But we've been over this before.

It doesn't help that he's been so closely linked to an ECB establishment which is despised by anyone with three brain cells to rub together.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Cook and Bell are good players who have had tough periods recently. I get why you might hate them if they're pounding runs every week but they've mostly had lean spells in the last two/three years.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
What has Bell ever done to be disliked?

Jimmy i can understand as he's a right chippy bastard who goes too far sometimes but Bell seems just pretty bland?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cook hasn't endeared himself with his captaincy and his public commentary at times. But we've been over this before.

It doesn't help that he's been so closely linked to an ECB establishment which is despised by anyone with three brain cells to rub together.
Disliking a person because of his captaincy is piss poor. His public comments have by and large been a case of answering questions put to him, aside from his stance on Warne. Given he's been under more pressure than pretty much any England captain in a generation having had to front up following the KP saga, he's actually done well to keep it together and by and large remain quite calm. he gets the rough end of the stick on this more than anybody.

Top bloke, tbh.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Baz's declaration was to give NZ a good burst with the new ball right now, then it's been wasted a bit. Pretty mediocre stuff apart from that last over.