• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, Ish is absolutely vital on the sub-continent. In fact, incredibly, he's probably our No.1 spinner in all three formats now - speaks really highly to the maturity and improvement he's executed in his bowling.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Sodhi averages 23.85 with the ball in all formats combined since 1 Jan 2020:

Tests 25.15 (only the 2 tests in Pakistan), ODI 31.90 (17 ODIs), T20is 21.4 (62).

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I remember he was adamant there should be a new Wellington cricket ground next to the airport, forcing anyone who wanted to watch a game of cricket through the Mt Vic tunnel and probably doubling traffic to the airport on game day.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Iirc he said he changed his approach to bowling in a post match interview after the Pakistan test series where he was out best bowler. He's been superb for sometime now.
Yes, and let's hope this performance in the SC (admittedly the UAE) lives well in the distant memory for Ish.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, and let's hope this performance in the SC (admittedly the UAE) lives well in the distant memory for Ish.
That was pre long run up, from memory? He bowled really inconsistently at that tournament and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the catalyst for the changes he made

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
That was pre long run up, from memory? He bowled really inconsistently at that tournament and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the catalyst for the changes he made
I remember watching that final and worrying he was finished. Him and sants bottled it hard.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Foxcroft to debut, Milne for Jamieson. Yeah bois
Jeez I'd love Mine to bowl well for a couple of games and to be the replacement for Southee, which would provide great competition for the 3rd seamer spot between Milne and Fergo (on the more seamer friendly pitches there) after Boult and Henry.

Moss

Jeez I'd love Mine to bowl well for a couple of games and to be the replacement for Southee, which would provide great competition for the 3rd seamer spot between Milne and Fergo (on the more seamer friendly pitches there) after Boult and Henry.
It’s only this game in which he has an opportunity, right? Assuming we get some play today. Don’t think there’s anything else till the warmups.

I suspect like in KW’s case they’ll gamble on Southee’s fitness though. And if they need a replacement Jamieson might well be in the frame (though I don’t think he should be).

Moss

The blowtorch never really turns on Santner for some reason, but he needs a big World Cup. He's failed to fire in big matches a few times.
I believe his wickets since 2019 WC have come at 50 apiece, which is a concern. But equally, I feel he doesn’t get enough credit when the 2019 semifinal is remembered. Kept the lid on India right through and those wickets of Pant and Pandya were massive.