• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The other thing that I don't think has been brought up is how the stump bent back. That really has two different effects. 1) It means that at least some of the force of the ball was transfered to the stump (via the bail possibly) OR Haddin's glove hit the stumps with a lot more force than it appeared and 2) it suggests that the ball would have hit the back of Haddin's gloves with reasonable force. Given point 2, it's possible that he did not feel his gloves brushing the bails at all.

The other possibility is that the ball hit his fingers onto the stumps, in which case he certainly would have felt the force of the impact on them and it would have been clear which was the case.

So either Haddin is a very big liar or he geniunely didn't realise what happened. Which brings us back to square one.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Injured/Rested XI

BFJ (wk)
Marsh
Ponting (c)
Symonds
Styris
Watson
Oram
Franklin
Lee
Siddle
Clark

The weakness is the wickie but that side would probably beat both teams more often than not.

Precambrian

Banned
I can't help but steal someone's dissection
Not the first time. :sleep: :ph34r:

of Haddin's comments on another forum:

Puts a whole new perspective on modern cricket. It must have been a mystery ball.
Unbelievable, isn't it? And this ultra defensiveness of Haddin on that issue says it all. Sad really, and deserving a ban. ICC needs to have a look at this.

Precambrian

Banned
WTF?????????????????????????????

Forget what I said about Oz selectors having to go to the second row of the bench!

They've just walked out of the ground, across the road, into the schoolyard and selected 2 kids from the playground that neither side wanted for a game of tip and run

Friggin' unbelievable
:laugh: That is one way of putting it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Injured/Rested XI

BFJ (wk)
Marsh
Ponting (c)
Symonds
Styris
Watson
Oram
Franklin
Lee
Siddle
Clark

The weakness is the wickie but that side would probably beat both teams more often than not.
You could add Bond to that lot & rename it the "Australasian unavailable XI" :p

inbox24

International Debutant
:laugh: That is one way of putting it.
That's the only way of putting it to be honest. I sincerely hope that Australia get absolutely pounded and the selectors cop some heat because that would be justice.

In the face of IPL, resting Ponting is an absolute disgrace. We all know that the guy plays best when he's on song scoring hundreds game after game after game, not sitting at home eating KFC and drinking sherry.

Ferguson was just unbelievable, there are about 4 players ahead of him at the moment purely in terms of stats and about 10 ahead of him in terms of players for the future. Might as well have gone and picked Chris Simpson.

biased indian

International Coach
don't know whether this has been discussed already ...i last visited some 10 pages ago ..when was the last time Australia lost 4 ODI's in a row and what about in Australia did that ever happen ???

pup11

International Coach
Striking at late 60s this season in the FRC
Voges has have to deal with a lot of WA collapses in ranger cup this season and top of that, the WA side is full of tonkers, so he and North have been pretty much the only stabilising agents in their team, he can hit the long ball when required though.

Precambrian

Banned
don't know whether this has been discussed already ...i last visited some 10 pages ago ..when was the last time Australia lost 4 ODI's in a row and what about in Australia did that ever happen ???
IIRC, they lost 5 ODIs in a row just before the WC 07, and McG was there in for a few games in those.

inbox24

International Debutant
I think against New Zealand in the Chappell Hadlee before the 2007 World Cup, or against India and Sri Lanka last summer.

So not that far away, expect more losses.

inbox24

International Debutant
The India, Sri Lanka tri series was at home, but not sure if that was 4 in a row, definitely at least 2 in a row.

Precambrian

Banned
I am surprised at noone talking about Micheal Clarke's continued selection in the ODIs. He has done okewll in tests, but his ODI record over the last 13 months has been terrible to say the least.

Since Jan 2008,

inbox24

International Debutant
I am surprised at noone talking about Micheal Clarke's continued selection in the ODIs. He has done okewll in tests, but his ODI record over the last 13 months has been terrible to say the least.

Since Jan 2008,

Michael Clarke has well and truly cemented his spot in the Australian ODI team, similar to Andrew Symonds or Brett Lee. Come hell, high water, incredibly bad form or off field disciplinary issues et al, the worst that will happen is that they might be rested for a couple of games, but never dropped.

If Clarke averaged 20 for the next 20 ODIs with a strike of 60-65, his position would still be a solid as if he were averaging 50 with a strike rate of 85-90.

Not that I agree with it personally, but that's how the Australian selectors (or Australian RNG) think.