• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok, so first hit-out for the NZ bowlers

Southee 13 overs 1-56 (4.31) - tad expensive, but created a few chances early on
Boult 12 overs 0-33 (2.75) -economical, but commentary suggests was a touch straight
Martin 10 overs 0-23 (2.30) - bowled with good control
Braces 10 overs 3-37 (3.70) - most likely of the bowlers, I liked Taylor using him for short 3-4 over spells.

Other part-time bowlers combined - 12 overs 0-31 (2.58)

Overall fairly handy start for the bowlers, especially restricting Aust's 2nd string side to just 3.28 after their own batsmen traveled at 4.36

Thoughts on your final XI for the 1st Test?

flibbertyjibber

Good to see that Australia will be making changes to their side, sadly you never want it to be from injuries and Cummins being hurt is a bit of a git really.Hopefully his is just a one match thing and won't be the start of an injury plagued career.

NZ doing ok in this match. Can't wait for the tests to start.

Howsie

International Captain
Thoughts on your final XI for the 1st Test?
New Zealand needs to play five bowlers. Bracewell while he's no Vettori is good enough to bat at eight and his knock today all but confirmed that for me. I just don't believe New Zealand can go into the first test match with four bowlers, especially with an undercooked Tim Southee who is still on a restricted bowling load in this match.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
New Zealand needs to play five bowlers. Bracewell while he's no Vettori is good enough to bat at eight and his knock today all but confirmed that for me. I just don't believe New Zealand can go into the first test match with four bowlers, especially with an undercooked Tim Southee who is still on a restricted bowling load in this match.
Yeah, I agree with Howsie on this.

Southee undercooked. Bracewell only in his 2nd test.

Bracewell showed he can handle a bat, and Young is no slouch either. There's plenty of batting.

uvelocity

International Coach
Furthermore, as much as I wanted Johnson dropped, I have more faith in him than Pattinson.
Bah, can't do worse than 3/250, but I feel they will go the hilf from the experience angle.

steve magoffin
When I saw him at the Gabba, I though he was going to be awesome. Nothing.

I used all the commentated matches on cricinfo and worked it out, the runs aren't that surprisingly in favour of Martin against pace where if he got any bat on it, the ball could run to the boundary.
You have waaaaaay too much time on your hands.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Aussie Injured XI

1. Watson
2. Paine
3. Marsh
4. Voges
5. O'Keefe
6. Hastings
7. Hauritz
8. Johnson
9. Harris
10. Bollinger
11. Cummins

Needs another batsman instead of Hastings but awesome bowling attack :)

Last edited:

Spikey

I just realised something - if we suffer anymore injures it may actually be the correct call to inquiry into the availability of the NZ bowling coach.........