• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Has anyone actually heard a logical reason for doing away with the Under 19 tournament and replacing it with the Under 18's?
I think it was cost. They used to have 3 tournaments; A, U19, U17

Last year they reduced it to two tournaments; U23 (with 3 overage players allowed), and U18s.

This year they also had only 2 tournaments, but they did away with the micky mouse U23 thing and reverted it back to an A tournament.

IMO, I would think an U19 tournament would be of more use than U18, as the cream is starting to rise as they get a year older. It should be tougher cricket. Plus the really good ones can play in that tournament anyway even if they are 17 or 18.

Howsie

International Captain
Yep, 17's, 19's and A's is the way to go IMO. Under 18's is just neither here nor there when you think about it.

Flem274*

123/5
Ronchi's done till next season? I think I got it wrong about him playing Otago.

Wonder if there's a chance of seeing some more of these U19 guys next week ahead of their Townsville four-nations series, all three remaining PS matches being virtually friendlies.
Young to smoke it.

indigo1

Cricket Spectator
Kippax - I wonder if you are able to skip to a certain ball in the highlights; I was down watching Flynn the other day and AKL seemed very confident to have a caught behind, but was given not out. Bowler was bates and Flynn was on 108 at the time and approx his 160th ball faced. From memory it was the 94th over. Would be awsum if you could find the video, to curb my curiosity! Thanks

Flem274*

123/5
Downloaded the extremely slow way. Flynn's 123* showed some cracks, but fmd Auckland almost always followed up a good ball with a pie.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Kippax - I wonder if you are able to skip to a certain ball in the highlights; I was down watching Flynn the other day and AKL seemed very confident to have a caught behind, but was given not out. Bowler was bates and Flynn was on 108 at the time and approx his 160th ball faced. From memory it was the 94th over. Would be awsum if you could find the video, to curb my curiosity! Thanks
http://nzcpooch.blob.core.windows.net/07e10540-8081-4f24-a35f-8ef9a695b398/1_098_04.mp4

I'm getting into match filter more which is good for that type of thing, one of the KPI's you can select is appeals, also others like play & miss and poor shot execution.

One of the improvements I'd suggest to NZC is a button to skip ahead ten balls, say, not that I can!

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Get the best stuff you see off the island while you can IMO, possible they'll change things over the winter. I see a few of the offshore tests they had (Australia in SL, NZ in India) are now empty, and the SA internationals have now vanished from the all matches page.

Firefox and FlashGot is a reasonable way to get the mp4s in one click, open to PEWS or someone raising me on that though. You do have to let a century play through for its ~20 minutes or whatever, come back and then click the icon.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Oh ffs, Flynn video is too long apparently. Would have been nice to know before I uploaded it.

I swear I've seen half hour videos on youtube.