• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just had a look at Fulton's season by season career and it's an interesting story.

In his first 46 matches (2000-2006), he scored 3251 runs at 48.52 with 6 tons and 17 fifties.

Since then (2006-2012) in 51 matches, he has 3091 runs at 35.94 with 3 tons and 19 fifties.
Looks like he's just not converting his starts like he used to. Similar amount of matches and 50+ scores.

Mike5181

International Captain
How depressing was that Firebirds segment on The Cricket Show ? Grant Elliot etc looked like they were going to cry.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Otago have called up 17-year-old Southlander Jacob Duffy for the last HRV match.

He is class. Reckon you'll see him in NZ colours before too long, seriously. At least I hope so. He's tall, fast and swings it.

I'm playing for Appleby Reserves in the Invercargill grade comp and got called up to the seniors to make up the numbers at Southland Boys' High School. They sent me in to open as a sacrificial lamb. Duffy was opening the bowling.

He dismissed my opening partner in the first over, I survived the second from the other end and got a leg-bye off the last ball, so faced Duffy next over.

I didn't really have a clue. Left two balls outside off (really didn't see them until they were past me) then blocked a third, the fourth hit me on the gloves and the fifth was pitched up. I drove at it at nicked it through the slips for 4. Last ball of the over was just outside off, I went to leave it but it bounced more than I expected and it bounced off the edge of my bat to the keeper. That was that. Only time I'll ever face him I expect. At least I can say I hit him for 4 once.

It was an awesome game actually, we got 193 and they were 191-7 but lost their last 3 wickets for 0.
Lovely post, that.

Just logged on to see if there was any reports on this Duffy character - after reading he was making his debut as a 17yo - and I get a first hand one. Nice!

Good to see and will keep my eye out for this lad. Hope he's a good'un.

Chubb

International Regular
He hurried up Williamson and Southee to dismiss them - it's partly his height which does it. One of those who "bowl a heavy ball" that comes on faster than you think. He was also getting a hint of outswing last night. the speed gun wasn't there, but the commentators said they wished it was.

Duffy's played for Southland, Otago A and now Otago, he's a dead cert for the NZ U19s. Obviously he has a long way to go but good judges in the NZ system think he's got the goods to make the Black Caps.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Duffy seemed a pretty excitable young kid. I really struggled to understand what he was saying during his interview after the match.