• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, if you bowl crap it's crap. There have been plenty of zippy domestic bowlers who have been put away for bowling pies. It's when a genuine quick gets it in the right areas that the domestic batsmen will look all at sea.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, sounds like a pretty poor game for them. Take out Elliott's effort and the batting looks dismal.

Another good game for Guptill today - he batted well and took an extraordinary catch to dismiss Jimmy Neesham.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, how hopeless are Wellington? How about winning just once huh?
I think that, having been the only side to beat Auckland, it was fel that any further success would be meaningless in comparison and they just stopped trying.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Was the lone Firebirds fan at Hagley Oval today in a sea of black and red. McKay is ****. We were ****. Sigh.
Not overly sure why you singled McKay out for abuse. 11 wickets at 18, at 7.66 for a pace bowler, are the sort of numbers I'd be pretty happy with in my team.

I'd suggest you'd be far better off aiming your vitriol at your batsmen.

Two most deserved sides definitely in the final. A pleasure watching Auckland go about their business at the moment.

trapol

U19 12th Man
I still think ND are the only team who can beat Auckland and it's a shame they are not in the final

After all The Aces are the only team to have beaten ND in this tournament in a 20 over match.

ND vs Auck would've been a cracker final

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a bad stat that, not bad at all..to me ND's top order batting stops them being a dominant force. They are nigh on the best fielding side, along with Auckland, and their bowling is clearly up there.

Chubb

International Regular
Otago have called up 17-year-old Southlander Jacob Duffy for the last HRV match.

He is class. Reckon you'll see him in NZ colours before too long, seriously. At least I hope so. He's tall, fast and swings it.

I'm playing for Appleby Reserves in the Invercargill grade comp and got called up to the seniors to make up the numbers at Southland Boys' High School. They sent me in to open as a sacrificial lamb. Duffy was opening the bowling.

He dismissed my opening partner in the first over, I survived the second from the other end and got a leg-bye off the last ball, so faced Duffy next over.

I didn't really have a clue. Left two balls outside off (really didn't see them until they were past me) then blocked a third, the fourth hit me on the gloves and the fifth was pitched up. I drove at it at nicked it through the slips for 4. Last ball of the over was just outside off, I went to leave it but it bounced more than I expected and it bounced off the edge of my bat to the keeper. That was that. Only time I'll ever face him I expect. At least I can say I hit him for 4 once.

It was an awesome game actually, we got 193 and they were 191-7 but lost their last 3 wickets for 0.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
and that got him a run as a proper middle overs spinner somehow when two were needed in what I think was the Champions Trophy in the subcontinent or something similar; he bowled a couple of really big-spinning deliveries?
I'll never forget that... even if the details are fuzzy, haha. Against SA maybe? Was incredible.

Flem274*

123/5
I just had a look at Fulton's season by season career and it's an interesting story.

In his first 46 matches (2000-2006), he scored 3251 runs at 48.52 with 6 tons and 17 fifties.

Since then (2006-2012) in 51 matches, he has 3091 runs at 35.94 with 3 tons and 19 fifties.