• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
I'm only pointing out that if Australia apparently didn't play poorly and got a thrashing, then something must be bad, since the same poster says England played badly.
No....All it really confirms is that ODI's played in England over the last few years has clearly favoured the team that wins the toss, bar a few exceptions. Shown again from last nights game

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
zinzan12 said:
No....All it really confirms is that ODI's played in England over the last few years has clearly favoured the team that wins the toss, bar a few exceptions. Shown again from last nights game
It was played during the day.

I can't help it if you live in upsidedownland where day is night and night is day.

Seriously, get used to it. If this 'supersub' rubbish continues then more and more cricket will be decided on the toss of the coin (although in all fairness that was not the case today. England were outplayed)

Scallywag

Banned
Interested to hear a English view on Vaughan and his decision to keep bowling Gough to Gilly (Gily is gettig a run a ball of Gough) at the start of each Aus innings. Why didnt this stop three games ago.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scallywag said:
Interested to hear a English view on Vaughan and his decision to keep bowling Gough to Gilly (Gily is gettig a run a ball of Gough) at the start of each Aus innings. Why didnt this stop three games ago.
You are correct. It pained me to see Gough a shadow of his former self, and I just hope that he is now allowed to fade gracefully into the background.

I think that sentimentality is the principal reason for his selection - after all, it's still a Mickey Mouse tournament which does little other than swell the burgeoning coffers and seeing as Gough's not featuring in the tests, it's his swansong against the Australians.

The fact that Gilchrist could have gone in Gough's first over but for the no-ball presumably is lost on you, though?

Scallywag

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
but not the second wicket... he overstepped by a good four, five inches, which means the ball would have been in a completely different position had it been released from a legal position. The only time you can legitimiately claim Tres should've been out was when he ran Symonds into Gilchrist's gloves but Koertzen didn't notice...
Not just Marc but Neil also would have been lost on this one Edward.

Lucky Eddie said:
The fact that Gilchrist could have gone in Gough's first over but for the no-ball presumably is lost on you, though?

Scallywag

Banned
luckyeddie said:
Don't you EVER call me Edward or I will use your correct name.

Juan Kerr.
Now now Eddie I'll have to tell everyone your name Patrick Fitzgerald

<quack> and his boyfriends name is Gerald Fitzpatrick.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Lucky Eddie = Arrogant, self pretentious git. You aren't even funny mate and you know a lot less about cricket than you think you do.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
Langer is always 2 poor innings away from losing his place in the test side for ever - now THAT's pressure.
Exactly!

It has always been that, the Victorians licking their lips as soon as Langer gets out, just waiting for Elliot to get back into the team.

Langer has always had a bad deal. When Hayden had his patches of poor form, it was only until real late until they called for his head. And when he got dropped from the one day side, who do they open with? Michael Clarke.

Now admittedly, Clarke did a good job, but I would have thought it would be the perfect time to give Langer another chance.

And lets be serious, he has deserved another chance a lot of times throughout his career, his strike rate is up considerably, deserved his chance at least three or four years a go.

It is the same with Bevan and tests, when the selectors make a decision, they rarely want to make a change.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
actually i wouldnt say that someone whos scored 57,0, 59* and 1 against australia is in particularly poor form, especially considering that got a poor decision today and well letting a ball go isnt really a sign of poor form, just poor judgement.
but then again if theres anything i've learnt about vaughan since hes taken over captaincy is that when he looks to be in form he doesnt really do much, and when he looks absolutely woeful he ends up scoring.
Exactly has i posted earlier, Vaughan's batting these days is just weird

James

Cricket Web Owner
Richard Rash said:
Lucky Eddie = Arrogant, self pretentious git. You aren't even funny mate and you know a lot less about cricket than you think you do.
That's un-called for Richard.

tooextracool

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Well, you do seem to think that you know an awful lot more about cricket than the average international (test or ODI) selector, which is more than a little unlikely.
why? you seem to think that the average selector knows way too much about the game simply because he actually played cricket. fact is that its quite possible for someone to have not played any real cricket and still know a fair bit about selections and what not, and i'd say that at least a few people on this forum would make decent selectors, certainly better than the ones that pick players like hauritz in the national side.

luckyeddie said:
No, on second thoughts, you're probably right. Apologies are due. Not idiotic - delusional. :dry:
for someone who seems to be as respected as you are on this forum, you really seem to spend a good deal of time making jokes and insulting people, usually for no reason.
its not particularly surprising that you call certain people idiots, while when RR calls you a self pretentious git he gets a warning. one of the perks of being a staff member i'd guess.
and i really doubt that someone who thinks hes a duck(joke or not) can call someone else delusional

tooextracool

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
You really think it was that bad. To Pieterson, I would have thought that this is the sort of area that you'd want to be bowling to try and dismiss KP, make him hit against his natural tendency towards the leg side.

It was clear in that shot that his bottom hand just went into overdrive, and if he had've hit it the ball would have travelled through mid-off such was the direction his bat took.
well i doubt brett lee was planning on bowling there and it just so happened that he was fortunate enough for pietersen to get an inside edge on it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
tooextracool said:
for someone who seems to be as respected as you are on this forum, you really seem to spend a good deal of time making jokes and insulting people, usually for no reason.
its not particularly surprising that you call certain people idiots, while when RR calls you a self pretentious git he gets a warning. one of the perks of being a staff member i'd guess.
and i really doubt that someone who thinks hes a duck(joke or not) can call someone else delusional
I agree with that. TEC may have his opinions which I often disagree with, but I never see him go out of his way to blatantly attack posters. LE you seem to enjoy the insults and attacks far too much. Heaven forbid if someone says something against you though.

tooextracool

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
not to mention the conditions affected ICC champions trophy.

Blaze

Banned
Jono said:
I agree with that. TEC may have his opinions which I often disagree with, but I never see him go out of his way to blatantly attack posters. LE you seem to enjoy the insults and attacks far too much. Heaven forbid if someone says something against you though.

From reading the last 20 pages or so he comes accross as someone who enjoys his own jokes too much, thinks he knows more about cricket than everyone else here and is quite arrogant.

I know everyone seems to love him at this forum and there has to be a reason for it.. I am yet to see it though.