• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
You are the first Aussie I've ever seen defend it
There are only 2 Australian beers that I have tasted and will never taste again (unless it is free) and they are VB (terrible stuff) and Redback Bitter (even worse).

Fosters I have become very fond of because of its 'hard' taste...hmmmm

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Mister Wright said:
From what I've seen sofar in this Natwest Series nothing has shown me that Brett Lee is ready for test cricket again (especially at the expense of Kasprowicz). He has been spraying the ball left right and centre and has only been getting his wicket balls in the right place.

Maybe the Oz bowlers do not want to show all the cards yet...
Its a long series and i think when gillespie is needed in test matches he will respond....i hope hahaha

Mister Wright

jlo33692 said:
Its a long series and i think when gillespie is needed in test matches he will respond....i hope hahaha
I doubt it. Considering these bowlers are playing for test spots, and they lost their first two matches of the series, 1 to the worst (yet improving) 1 day side in the world.

I think you're just clutching at straws there mate.... :p

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
From what I've seen sofar in this Natwest Series nothing has shown me that Brett Lee is ready for test cricket again (especially at the expense of Kasprowicz). He has been spraying the ball left right and centre and has only been getting his wicket balls in the right place.

yeah hes suffering from a lack of match practice, though hes still got 5 matches to find some form. at least hes getting wickets, Kaspa and dizzy are just spraying it ;)

i think unless someone finds form fast Macgilla will start the test series with Warne. and only 1 quick will accompany McGrath.

Mister Wright

age_master said:
yeah hes suffering from a lack of match practice, though hes still got 5 matches to find some form. at least hes getting wickets, Kaspa and dizzy are just spraying it ;)

i think unless someone finds form fast Macgilla will start the test series with Warne. and only 1 quick will accompany McGrath.
Yeah, that's an option, hadn't thought of that.

At least Dizzy has had 4 games to do something (and hasn't) Kaspa has only played 2, and must be given a shot in the last 2 games.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, that's an option, hadn't thought of that.

At least Dizzy has had 4 games to do something (and hasn't) Kaspa has only played 2, and must be given a shot in the last 2 games.
Ideally, Kasprowicz, Lee and Gillespie will all play against Bangladesh on thursday. I wouldn't make any changes for the England game tomorrow though, since it looks like Clarke will miss again. I think Gillespie made some strides forward against England on Thursday, regaining his pace and a little bit of his accuracy, but he's still clearly short on match practice.

Also, remember there are three more games between the end of the NWS and the Ashes, as well as the final.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Mister Wright said:
I doubt it. Considering these bowlers are playing for test spots, and they lost their first two matches of the series, 1 to the worst (yet improving) 1 day side in the world.

I think you're just clutching at straws there mate.... :p
just on this worst side in ODI...Are they currently the worst? Zimbos, must be close to it ,do you know where they stand in relation to rankings ? Or are they so far behind they cant make up the ground on Zimbabs????

Mister Wright

jlo33692 said:
just on this worst side in ODI...Are they currently the worst? Zimbos, must be close to it ,do you know where they stand in relation to rankings ? Or are they so far behind they cant make up the ground on Zimbabs????
Bangladesh are below Zimbabwe & Kenya.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Mister Wright said:
There are only 2 Australian beers that I have tasted and will never taste again (unless it is free) and they are VB (terrible stuff) and Redback Bitter (even worse).

Fosters I have become very fond of because of its 'hard' taste...hmmmm
Emu bitter is apsolute rubbish so is swan draught,so add them to that list. Personally i dont mind fosters but its still very average

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
jlo33692 said:
First point - no, that's not possible (you can hold back on pace but you can't deliberately bowl like a donkey - unless you ARE a donkey).

Second point - I'm fairly certain he will respond.

social

luckyeddie said:
You are the first Aussie I've ever seen defend it
If most Australians knew that Fosters was marketed as VB in Australia then you'd be facing an avalanche of complaints.

shaka

International Regular
I just saw on cricinfo's ask steven section this week that Andrew Symonds is born in England, I never knew that before. Wonder if he would have made it into the England side.