• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 'My Current World XI' Thread

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
id rather have shoaib in place of murali because warne IMO is a better bowler in pace friendly conditions.....
Yeah but then you don't have a Sri Lankan in the side - that's why i suggested warne because we have Hayden already.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sehwag309 said:
Don't get angry. Hear you go 10 Test Playing Nations and the World XI would probably be chosen from 8
Sadly, due to some of the most appaling management I have seen.. There are only eight sides really... You cant avoid that fact...

Waughney

International Debutant
Prince EWS said:
But you cant just leave them out becuase of which team they play for!
Yes I can, infact I had to using Sehwag309's structure.

Prince EWS said:
Streak is better than some of the players you mentioned.
Streak is better than who in the list? I could only think of Cairns, who doesn't even come into the equation due to his test retirement.

Prince EWS said:
It angers me greatly to heard someone say 8 test playing nations.
If it makes you happy then: there are 10 "test playing" nations. But as Langeveldt said, you can't really avoid the fact that there are 8 competitive sides.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Streak is as good as Cairns, if not better.

Would it have hurt you that much to just put:

Zim: Streak

at the end of your list.

There are only 8 competitive sides, but that doesnt neccessarily mean all the good players play for these teams.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince EWS said:
Streak is as good as Cairns, if not better.

Would it have hurt you that much to just put:

Zim: Streak

at the end of your list.

There are only 8 competitive sides, but that doesnt neccessarily mean all the good players play for these teams.
Agreed, but neither would get in a World XI.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But Cairns made it through using the criteria.

So to say that Streak cant be included because he played for Zimbabwe, thus making him unworthy, is rediculous.

Sehwag309

Banned
World XI V/S World XI

I feel there are too many to fit in the World XI, so lets have 2 balanced World XI's

I'll Start with..

World XI 1
Tendulkar
Warne

World XI 2
Lara
Murali

a massive zebra

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
I feel there are too many to fit in the World XI, so lets have 2 balanced World XI's

I'll Start with..

World XI 1
Tendulkar
Warne

World XI 2
Lara
Murali
World XI 1
Ponting
Sangakarra

World XI 2
Dravid
Gilchrist

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Sehwag309 said:

I'll Start with..

World XI 1
Tendulkar
Warne

World XI 2
Lara
Murali
I am not sure I am getting this.. but what do the 2 players signify in a team of 11 ?

Raj123

U19 Debutant
so we have this so far:

world XI 1
vaughan
ponting
sachin
sangakara
streak
warne

world XI 2
Hayden
Dravid
Lara
Gilchrist
Pollock
Murali

waughney wants players switched. i'm just leaving them as it is(in my side).
my additions:
world XI 1
smith
akhtar

world XI 2
sehwag
lee

Sehwag309

Banned
delkap said:
I am not sure I am getting this.. but what do the 2 players signify in a team of 11 ?
I meant I will start with 2 players which I feel should be in the 2 XI's and people can fill out to complete the team. Or make your own (any which way you like)