• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #29 - India vs England- October 29th - Lucknow (D/N)

Owzat

U19 Captain
so which way would folks go, either in this situation as a bowling side wanting to keep the score down, or if defending a relatively low total

A) bowl your wicket takers, may not leave you any to bowl the "death overs" but if you need wickets and get them then the remaining batting may not make most of said late overs or the usual "death" bowlers may have got hit just the same

B) try a measured approach, try to be economic and snuffle wickets, problem with this approach is batsmen can settle and you lose much control you might have had, besides which you might have lost with key bowlers having overs left unbowled which for me is as bad or worse than not batting your allocation

Owzat

U19 Captain
Get in Woody.
bit of a surprise coming back on, bound to be at least one of the main threats throughout not bowl his allocation at this rate, or maybe Butthead had a word from Bevis (no, not the GOAT ODI batsman) and told him Ali was just giving free runs away regardless of ER

White Ball

State 12th Man
Think Sky has to play some shots here to give us any chance of a competitive score. This is why I would have picked Ashwin not just for his bowling but with bat in hand would have lengthened out lower order

Owzat

U19 Captain
I was gonna say have they brought on Wood vs the tail but can see that hes already got Shami
Major oof
must say on reflection am surprised he came in ahead of Bumrah although even more surprised at Bumrah's ODI average of 7.30 and Shami's at 8.40 in spite of both having a fair few not outs!

still England have to face them, 20 overs (if no worthless duck involvement) and they average 25 and 23.... (with ball)

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
so which way would folks go, either in this situation as a bowling side wanting to keep the score down, or if defending a relatively low total

A) bowl your wicket takers, may not leave you any to bowl the "death overs" but if you need wickets and get them then the remaining batting may not make most of said late overs or the usual "death" bowlers may have got hit just the same

B) try a measured approach, try to be economic and snuffle wickets, problem with this approach is batsmen can settle and you lose much control you might have had, besides which you might have lost with key bowlers having overs left unbowled which for me is as bad or worse than not batting your allocation
Bowl your best bowlers immediately.