• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #29 - India vs England- October 29th - Lucknow (D/N)

Owzat

U19 Captain
We are seriously underestimating shami’s ability to bop it over cow corner for six
I haven't been, I'd expect more from him and Bumrah than pinned hopes on England's decent looking long but not done a lot lower order.

lowest totals to win batting first so far
HOL 229 vs BAN
HOL 245/8 vs SAF (43 overs)
AFG 284 vs ENG
PAK 286 vs HOL
NZL 288/6 vs AFG

Of the totals posted under 200 the margins were 6, 6, 7 and 8 wickets, really can't see England winning that comfortably or indeed India posting less than 220-240

not a lot of point talking about the Indian tail just yet, Yadav seems comfortable enough and Jadeja is a good player, still going has been good for India, 3 early wickets but 120+ runs for 2 since although obviously won't want batting to be easier than it started even with England's questionable middle to lower order and form.

even if Butthead persists with no wicket Ali he surely can't fluff bowling Willey, Woakes and Rashid out.

Owzat

U19 Captain
can't see the logic of persisting with Ali, going at more rpo (4.62) than the total (4.50)

may be more economic than Wood, and less than Willey who has wickets, but think England have given India an easier time than might have

If I read right they brought Carse out to replace Topley, somewhat odd choice IMO, didn't play him but then I'd have gone for Dawson or someone with a bit more experience and ability to do something with bat, or ball, some in the side seem capable of neither (consistently)

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Manjraekar trying to claim the fans were angry.

When it was obvious they thought that was getting overturned :laugh::laugh:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Has it been a recurring theme that there's a distinct lack of energy on TMS when there's a wicket? Jadeja wicket sounded so perfunctory and run of the mill.

Maybe because the comms aren't at the ground, but notice a distinct lack of atmosphere

EDIT : Obviously Indian fans are going to be silent, but my god the lack of enthusiasm bu some of these comms is really apparent

Owzat

U19 Captain
Reckon it's gonna be close to about 250.
Jadeja gone, lot now rests on a) Yadav and can he shepherd the flock home, b) England and the remaining overs of the wicket takers and threats (6.3 overs) and c) whether Bumrah and Shami make hay or go Bollywood and bust