• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #29 - India vs England- October 29th - Lucknow (D/N)

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
arguably, depends how much early assistance Woakes got and how much his counterparts will get

I think at 40/3 India would have settled for a 230 target, England probably would have wanted 200 but perhaps would settle for 230 given some of the targets they've either not chased or have set and not defended ie they're innit, until they bat of course!
I just think the pitch will do something for India's bowlers and our batsmen aren't in great nick to put it lightly.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Bowling first on this pitch was obviously a big change in fortune but you still have to turn up and England applied themselves very well with both ball and in the field. Think this will be a tense chase...

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Is England grinding out a win any good for them?

Happy to be corrected here but I'm thinking they need to bash their way there very quickly because even if they win their remaining games it's
coming down to NRR and it's very poor for them atm.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Think on flat pitches against South Africa and New Zealand, England looked a tired team without Archer and Plunkett's firepower and an ageing batting lineup. England's game in the glory days (for the want of a less cheesy phrase) was to outgun opposition batting lineups on roads. In this tournament, they've looked quite unsuited to flat pitches. A condition-dependent attack and a tired top 6 that just isn't firing on all cylinders.

DriveClub

International Regular
Is England grinding out a win any good for them?

Happy to be corrected here but I'm thinking they need to bash their way there very quickly because even if they win their remaining games it's
coming down to NRR and it's very poor for them atm.
England will want to win for pride, I'm sure they don't want to finish bottom of the group

Andyhere

International 12th Man
It's really England's game to lose... Regardless of tough conditions 230 isn't a mountain to climb. India easily 30 runs short. 260-270 would have been ideal to put pressure on England.

White Ball

State 12th Man
It's really England's game to lose... Regardless of tough conditions 230 isn't a mountain to climb. India easily 30 runs short. 260-270 would have been ideal to put pressure on England.
Not so sure about that, England haven’t broken 200 in their last two games and that’s on flat decks. On this deck I reckon this is a 50-50