• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #29 - India vs England- October 29th - Lucknow (D/N)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Woakes is not considered to bowl at the death
I don't think that true, but even if it was it should have just meant he bowled more earlier instead saving him up for overs be wasn't going to bowl. Has been the pick of the seamers today by far.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Woakes can't bowl out now. Weird captaincy.
saw it coming when he persisted with Ali who was just conceding above the India RR and not taking wickets, then brought back Wood which paid dividends but almost sealed said deal - Butthead tic tacs R us, the book will be out in dew course

Owzat

U19 Captain
I don't think that true, but even if it was it should have just meant he bowled more earlier instead saving him up for overs be wasn't going to bowl. Has been the pick of the seamers today by far.
exactly, when England could have done with wickets to take India out of the game they went with Wood, Livingstone and Ali who promptly helped India recover and add 80+ runs for the 4th wicket

Besides anything else who would bowl at the death? and in a low scorer surely you don't want to go to the death, you want to finish the opposition off before the 47th over

I always hated when England seemed keener to bowl their 50 overs than bowl out the opposition, for those hate sides not batting their 50 this is the reverse, making sure they do!!

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Weird how they've not even given Willey a contract going forward.
I'd be surprised if we're not playing a completely different ODI side going forward and others are still going to play Test/T20 whereas he will not.

Agreed though seems very harsh. But if he'd had made himself the batter he should have been, his career would have been completely different so only himself to blame.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Three Willey, I mean free Willey

could be a testing total already, looked like 215-230 was on and could well end up being that, England passed up by choice any chance of bowling India out for under 200 and India may have returned the compliment turning down the chance to post 250+

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Not only would it weaken the keeping to make Conway do it, but the bloke averages 26. List A record not much better either.

Capable of playing a decent innings as he's showing here but it would be insane to drop Latham for him.
Yeah that would be a bit harsh on Tommy but wasn't really thinking about the keeping side of the game tbh