• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #20- England vs S Africa - October 21st - Wankhede (D/N)

King Kane

International Debutant
This seems to be a new set play for England, Topley pretends to be injured and has a rest for half the innings, then comes back fresh towards the end.

King Kane

International Debutant
A great outfield catch from Bairstow, even the commentators couldn't believe it was him, they thought he was Livingstone.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I keep telling you that Butler is a poor captain and mott is a waste of space.How can you field first in this heatDumb and dumber
Buttler is a poor captain. The T20 world cup was not due to his captaincy. Unless he put a hex on Afridi

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have picked Livingstone, and I'm not sure I would have bowled first. We're a batsman short and surely you back a bowler-heavy lineup to defend a total.
South Africa won two games convincingly battling first. And choked the only time they chased and that too a modest total against a minnow. And when your batting is relative light today (England's), it makes no sense for them to chase and also because of what happened againsg Afghanistan..

Obsession of teams to continue to blindly choose to bowl first is getting ridiculous imo.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Have to get Miller now really and get into the tail. These two will take the game away from England if they bat ten overs together.

Owzat

U19 Captain
England could easily be facing 330-350 if they don't break their habit of this tournament so far, and get wickets sooner rather than later

vs SAF : conceded 231/3 off 34.3
vs AFG : conceded 114/0 off 16.3, reined it back a bit but the 44 for the 8th wicket off 23 balls just hammered home
vs NZL : conceded 273/0 off 35.1 overs having taken an early wicket

even against Bangladesh they let them go from 49/4 to 227 all out, fair enough as indicated earlier was more containment/control than pushing hard but still

those figures are appalling, even factoring in donkeys for courses, add on 1st kiwi wicket partnership and that's 628/4 off 87.2 overs, horrifying even if they did pick up a few wickets thereafter, and might vs SAF.