• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Dissector

International Debutant
Ha, first IPL game I have watched this season and it was one of the most amazing chases I have ever seen. First Gayles's five sixes and then that finish. That ABDV six over fine leg has to be one of the most amazing shots ever played in a tight final over and of course Tiwari held his nerve to finish the job.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Whatever you think about the IPL, you can't say it isn't entertaining. Great watch this evening, there really isn't much better than a close cricket game.

de Villiers played such a gem of an innings. The innovation is just incredible and must be hell to set a field to.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I want to watch this but everytime I see Ganguly on a cricket pitch at nearly 40 a bit more of me dies inside.

no offence dada supporters.
Why? He's no worse than Gilly, or Murali or any of the other retired players. If anything his captaincy has been fantastic in almost all the seasons. Batting could use a bit of work though.

Also Gayle's 5 sixes were amazing, thankfully I was watching this time instead of just following on cricinfo.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why? He's no worse than Gilly, or Murali or any of the other retired players. If anything his captaincy has been fantastic in almost all the seasons. Batting could use a bit of work though.

Also Gayle's 5 sixes were amazing, thankfully I was watching this time instead of just following on cricinfo.
Ganguly is a liability with the bat and in the field. Murali is still a good performer and Gilchrist whilst he doesn't score that many runs he does so quickly, plus you've got his wicket keeping.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain

I'm no fan of all the golden oldies trotting out for the 100 or so teams in this IPL( I don't blame the players, it's a great opportunity for them to make some money). Just that Ganguly was never really a great athlete and now more than ever he looks middle aged and better suited to being a university lecturer in a british university rather than out on a cricket pitch with players half his age.

Scaly piscine

KKR's horrible selections continue. This might actually be one of the few pitches in the season that Kallis' batting won't be a liability on.

Scaly piscine

McCullum has an incredibly ability to be useless when it matters for anything and end up with good stats. His interational T20 record is very good, yet he has been useless in T20 World Cups which make up nearly half of those games, 25 average at a Kallis-esque strike rate with one fifty.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum has an incredibly ability to be useless when it matters for anything and end up with good stats. His interational T20 record is very good, yet he has been useless in T20 World Cups which make up nearly half of those games, 25 average at a Kallis-esque strike rate with one fifty.
I guess all you have to do is play a blinder every 20 innings to have a decent record. McCullum's 116* against Australia must have boosted his stats somewhat.

Scaly piscine

Bats with about as much success as Ravi Bopara too.

Gilchrist with a dodgy hamstring and Piyush Chawla at the crease. Not going to be any quick singles then.