• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Borges

International Regular
Moeen, assuming that he plays, is going to the least of India's problems.
Broad, on the other hand, on one of his days, could just blow them away, and Anderson would be a threat even when he is not at his best.

Borges

International Regular
Which of these two groups would be numerically superior?
Those who are worried that Dhoni may announce his retirement,
or those who are worried that he may do nothing of that kind.

cnerd123

likes this
A lot of people still want MSD to play on. Indian cricket culture is basically hero worship. MSD retiring would be like everyone's favorite character retiring from a TV show. Like Undertaker retiring from WWE. No one cares if they're still not as good at it anymore. It's very weird.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think, like the SA series, we can win one test somewhere.

My biggest hope is for them to just make the right selection calls, unlike in SA. For the first two tests, Rahane, Rahul and Bhuvi absolutely must play. If it doesn't work out, change things. Just give yourself the best chance to do well when the series is still alive instead of shooting yourself in the foot.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I think, like the SA series, we can win one test somewhere.

My biggest hope is for them to just make the right selection calls, unlike in SA. For the first two tests, Rahane, Rahul and Bhuvi absolutely must play. If it doesn't work out, change things. Just give yourself the best chance to do well when the series is still alive instead of shooting yourself in the foot.
Shastri and Kohli are basically impulsive people subject to zero oversight who will make just the kind of calls you're apprehensive of.

Jack1

International Debutant
Easy win in the end. Nice partnership. Bairstow set the tone. Great for England to turn the series on its head.

As for the series. I think Dhoni killed india in the second game and they never recovered. In the third game he played a poor innings too and India never got out of the hole he dug for them. They were miles short of par and never even threatened to try to get near a par score due to slow batting after Kohli got out. Pandya tried to up the run rate in his defence and then some lower order hitting at the end.

Bairstow’s 30 was very valuable as put England miles above the rate and essentially put the game to bed with the batting England have left . England just batted normally after that. Vince will be fuming he got out like he did. The other two then batted nicely . England have a lot of momentum now for tests and should think about selecting Rashid in them in my view.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Root scores 100 and Morgan scored 88, but Bairstow's 30 is what won them the game because it came off 13 balls.

This is just parody now

Jack1

International Debutant
I am part of England can't win the WC with this bowling lineup brigade. This was a good bowling performance but I still stand by it. Today was a collectively good bowling effort and I just don't see them doing it consistently.
Then who’s your favourite ?

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Easy win in the end. Nice partnership. Bairstow set the tone. Great for England to turn the series on its head.

As for the series. I think Dhoni killed india in the second game and they never recovered. In the third game he played a poor innings too and India never got out of the hole he dug for them. They were miles short of par and never even threatened to try to get near a par score due to slow batting after Kohli got out. Pandya tried to up the run rate in his defence and then some lower order hitting at the end.

Bairstow’s 30 was very valuable as put England miles above the rage and essentially put the game to bed. England just batted normally after that. Vince will be fuming he got out like he did. The other two then batted nicely . England have a lot of momentum now for tests and should think about selecting Rashid in them in my view.
Agreed.

Jack1

International Debutant
Root scores 100 and Morgan scored 88, but Bairstow's 30 is what won them the game because it came off 13 balls.

This is just parody now
Considering the batting after Bairstow it put us massively in the driving seat.

We just needed to get a flier and we did. After that bat the overs. Bairstow or Buttler are the only ones able to get us off like that, so that we are comfortable after the power play. We bat to 10 and some decent players most of the way down. You’re blocked now. Don’t waste my time. You don’t understand limited overs cricket in a small run chase. Go back to your bedroom with all its Dhoni posters in. Won’t see any more of you posts, so don’t bother replying. We won by 8 wickets, we had loads of batting left...

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Considering the batting after Bairstow it put us massively in the driving seat.

We just needed to get a flier and we did. After that bat the overs. Bairstow or Buttler are the only ones able to get us off like that, so that we are comfortable after the power play. We bat to 10 and some decent players most of the way down. You’re blocked now. Don’t waste my time. You don’t understand limited overs cricket in a small run chase. Go back to your bedroom with all its Dhoni posters in. Won’t see any more of you posts, so don’t bother replying. We won by 8 wickets, we had loads of batting left...
John, you're ahead of your time. People still have not adjusted yet.

I understand you. I think you're right most the time. You have been right most the time.

But that doesn't mean the majority is ready to adjust yet. You're playing SR when they're still playing only 5 batsmen and a keeper with 5 bowling options.
But I still disagree with you on 6 bowlers, I think it is an England strength tbh, everything else so far, I think you have been bang on the money :p

But with Archer and Woakes, even I would go five bowlers, so you're not wrong, just ahead of your time for mine. :)

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I mean, cricket is still won by the side that scores more runs, not who scores them quicker. Strike Rate is forever going to be secondary to actually scoring runs, no matter how much the game changes.