• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Declaring is arrogant and completely mad given the context of the series. No point to it at all. They should be batting as long as possible. It likely won't make a difference but you never let a side back into the match if you're 2-1 up and are on the verge of an historic victory.

But Kohli is known for being a dimwit.
Na I agree, was just joking
I'm completely happy for them make Aus chase leather till lunch tomorrow

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bat normally till Pant gets to his hundred and then start throwing the bat around. Declare at 9 down so that they don't risk an injury to Bumrah. India have done it pretty well so far.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Brilliant session. A shame ChePu didn't get that 200 but India has Aus by the horns / balls (If you are into alpha talk).

So chuffed. Now for the coup de grace

cnerd123

likes this
IDM declaring once two more wickets fall. Shami and Bumrah don't need to bat. Kuldeep can bat a bit, so let him get out there.

Pretty amazing innings this so far. Perfect Test for India ATM. Hope Pant tons up, Jaddu gets his fifty, and then Jaddu and Kuldeep combine to bowl out Australia twice for not much.

OverratedSanity

Comms said before that Pant would be the first Indian keeper to make a ton in Australia, but I thought Dhoni did on one of his visits here
Dhoni literally never made a ton away from the subcontinent in any format. Played OK in England at times though, surprisingly.

TheJediBrah

Comms said before that Pant would be the first Indian keeper to make a ton in Australia, but I thought Dhoni did on one of his visits here
Dhoni only made 1 fifty in Aus (57*)

In fact he's only made 1 Test hundred outside India

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How long until Langer gets held accountable for how bad this side is? Our bowlers have gone backwards, the highest score in a series against ****ing India is 72. Seventy- ****ing- two. It's unbelievable.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Still makes more sense to get east runs in the first innings rather than declaring and potentially having to score in the second innings when the pitch is tougher and the bowlers aren't as exhausted and frustrated.
India aren't batting 4th though, If It was up to me I'd declare with about 15 overs left in the day - or when Shami/Bumrah need to bat - no point of that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Dhoni literally never made a ton away from the subcontinent in any format. Played OK in England at times though, surprisingly.
iirc he developed an actually quite effective method for countering Anderson's outswing, which mostly consisted of batting outside off stump and basically running at the bowler

cnerd123

likes this
MSD is still a beast in the shorter version if he maintains fitness. Plus his brain and spontaneity will be a big boon on field. Reckon Pant might play as a pure bat.
This could be quite possible. Our Top 4 + MSD are a lock, as well as 4 bowlers. I think Pandya and Jadhav get the remaining two slots, but if they want to go for a batsman instead of an allrounder then he's just competing with Pandey and Lokesh. Could make number 6/7 his own.

Son Of Coco

Lol

Smith scored for fun against everyone, everywhere and Cummins bounced people out

Have you seen the records of Haze and Starc?

2005 Ashes were waaaay more dodgy than anything seen in Australia
Yeah, this is discussed in 'Steve Smith's Men'. Very few wickets in The Ashes were a result of reverse swing, and those that were weren't ridiculously early in the innings. I still remember Cummins bowling a lot of short stuff. I remember commenting that I thought it was a bit of a waste of his abilities at times.

Burgey

Did t realise Dhoni was quite so **** away from home. Cheers for the info. I thought I remembered him bombing a few over the ropes in a hundred here for some reason.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I wouln't declare today. Rest for Shami/Bumrah plus Jaddu and Kuldeep can bowl them out in 4-5 sessions twice.

social

How long until Langer gets held accountable for how bad this side is? Our bowlers have gone backwards, the highest score in a series against ****ing India is 72. Seventy- ****ing- two. It's unbelievable.
Minimum post Ashes

Being an ex-player gives him more leeway as we have seen repeatedly with Greg Chappell

Last edited: