• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Good knock from Jayawardene, one of his better ones in ODI cricket. Pity he didn't receive more support but India were in a pretty good position once Dhoni took control.
Jayawardena's knock was really excellent. He paced his innings nicely and I was pretty much sure he can turn the tide for Srilanka. He almost did until he was out. They could have played Zaheer more defensively and targetted other more aggressively at the end. But who knows the RR is something that mounts on you if there is a economical over. Again, this was Zaheer's win...

Jayawardena's knock is still the class! It was one of the best innings I saw in my recent times...

Lostman

State Captain
Jayawardena's knock was really excellent. He paced his innings nicely and I was pretty much sure he can turn the tide for Srilanka. He almost did until he was out. They could have played Zaheer more defensively and targetted other more aggressively at the end. But who knows the RR is something that mounts on you if there is a economical over. Again, this was Zaheer's win...

Jayawardena's knock is still the class! It was one of the best innings I saw in my recent times...
I believe it was mentioned in the commentary that jayawardena's innings was the highest score by a Sri Lankan batsmen in Sri Lanka in an ODI since 05:wacko:

no wonder England managed to win here

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I believe it was mentioned in the commentary that jayawardena's innings was the highest score by a Sri Lankan batsmen in Sri Lanka in an ODI since 05:wacko:

no wonder England managed to win here
pretty unbelievable statistic that is! normally srilankers are packed with huge scoring batsman and no one was able to manage a hundred since 2005....8-)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
One is amazed that no Sri Lankan has a century at home in an odi since 2005 and that one came against Bangladesh !!

pup11

International Coach
One is amazed that no Sri Lankan has a century at home in an odi since 2005 and that one came against Bangladesh !!
You don't see many high scoring high games in Sri lanka too often, so that could be reason for the lack of individual centuries.

Nishant

International 12th Man
i hate this rain!!!!!!! i was proper lookin forward 2 watchin this game 2day!! Heard they have a reserve day 4 2moro lined up as well.....so its nt all 2 bad...dunno if ill b able to watch all it of then tho!

masterblaster94

Cricket Spectator
It would be good if the rain stopped and the overs dropped to 20/20.
Btw why is Tendulkar not in the ODI squad, is it because- injury or dropped?

Migara

International Coach
Is it just me, or does the standard of batting in these matches, supposedly played on flatbed wickets, seem really disappointing?
Those are a rarity in SL. When you look at SL players FC record it speaks for the quality of wickets. If you average 35-40 in FC cricket, you can very well average 40-45 in test cricket. If you average 25 with ball in FC, that means you've averahe about 35 - 40 with the ball in test matches. SL pitches are notoriously bowling friendly.

Lostman

State Captain
Was really hoping for SL to win the toss and at 1st. Batting first might have really helped their struggling batsmen. Going back to the test series, India has won 6 consecutive tosses!

Vaas gets Yuvraj Singh, 400 odi wickets for Vaas. what a great career.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Dhoni and Raina absolutely killing Sri Lanka at the moment. Can't see Sri Lanka winning at this rate, unless India have a spectacular batting collapse.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
hmmm maybe they will have a spectacular batting collapse. Although given Sri Lankas recent form with the bat, I doubt they could chase down the current score anyway.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome partnership between Raina and Dhoni, with the captain showing why he's the best ODI bat in the world at the moment. Incredibly gifted cricketer.

Here's hoping Rohit Sharma and Badrinath can bat out the remaining overs, take India up around 280-290. 300 would be nice, but with two new batsmen it seems unlikely.