• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

pasag

RTDAS
Kudos to them for getting lucky, by that reasoning.
Their job is to get it right, they did that so they deserve credit.

They picked a guy who has since given them 947 runs at 78.91 so it's easy to be an arm-chair selector but they made the right choice and deserve credit.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were only right in hindsight though. There was absolutely no logic to suggest that it was a good decision at the time. It was largely a gut decision and it paid off. Lucky.

It's like playing at outrageous slog. If it goes for six, it's considered good, but that doesn't mean it didn't entail a lot of luck.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah, that's like all risks though. It could have failed but it paid off and at the end of the day that's all that matters. They're paid to get it right and they did, so kudos.

Dissector

International Debutant
Ha. As predicted the lower order is folding like a pack of cards against M&M. They had better make it up with the ball; they still have a decent target to defend. SL has several in-form batsmen so it's anybody's game really. If Kumble was at his peak I would have backed India easily but he has shown signs of decline. To win it will have to be a team performance; Ishant in particular needs to chip in with a couple of wickets with the new ball. He can't coast on that spell to Ponting forever.

masterblaster

International Captain
A 300 run lead is important as it'll offer a bit of a psychological edge. It's still an even contest and if Harbhajan and Kumble can rip it up with the ball then I'd back India to make a fight of this.

Lostman

State Captain
Dont think that SL can make it. If they are to win this, it will only be due to a special innings from mahela or sangakarra. I really dont expect much from the rest of the batsmen.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's dropped it. He has dropped it. Oh my gawd.

Can't remember the last time I heard a TV commentator so obviously disgusted by a dropped catch.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India with a lead of 306, should be a fascinating Sri Lankan innings.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Big wicket for India, but it brings in Sangakkara. He's the one to keep an eye on, hopefully they get him and Mahela early.

Dissector

International Debutant
Wow. It looks like game over already. 3 down for 10 with Sanga and Mahela back in the pavillion. And yes that was a poor shot by Mahela especially given the situation.