• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I've got a feeling that Sri Lanka are going to prop up 600 again, I can't see India taking many wickets.

JBH001

International Regular
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283999.html

Nah Prince EWS great great uncle still holds the record. Should be seventh there if my calculations are correct (rarely are) which is fantastic.
Ah thanks. I thought the Gooch knock was that fabulous headingley knock against WI. Was not sure though. Hmmm, from my calculations Sehwag would figure as 10th I think on that list. 61% of the teams total he scored (I think).

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Ah thanks. I thought the Gooch knock was that fabulous headingley knock against WI. Was not sure though. Hmmm, from my calculations Sehwag would figure as 10th I think on that list. 61% of the teams total he scored (I think).
Pretty good estimate. He ends up in 11th just behind Gooch with a percentage of 61.09

Dissector

International Debutant
Sehwag was 61.09% which would place him 11th on that list. Amazing that this record has stood for the entire history of test cricket despite so many coming close.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I've mentioned it before, and I'll say it again: Sehwag is underrated. He gets too much crap for his knocks on flat tracks. He has shown, regardless of the pitch, he can turn it on when the pressure is on. He was also excellent in Australia.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
I've mentioned it before, and I'll say it again: Sehwag is underrated. He gets too much crap for his knocks on flat tracks. He has shown, regardless of the pitch, he can turn it on when the pressure is on. He was also excellent in Australia.
AWTA. He and Matthew Hayden have to be two of the most underrated players on cricketweb

Jakester1288

International Regular
Not a bad start for Sri Lanka, 1/53 at the moment. Hopefully Sangakkara can ton up and take back his number one title off Chanderpaul!

Jakester1288

International Regular
I agree. People think he is a slogger who just goes at every ball and hopes for the best, but now I am more and more starting to rate him as a batsmen. I think we are finally starting to see the best of him now, and people are realising how good he actually is.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Sri Lanka have made a good start through Sangakkara and Warnapara, with Sangakkara just bringing up his half century. Sri Lanka 1/90, still trailing by 239 on the first innings, but shaping up for a good total here.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This is painful, India are really on the way to getting creamed again. Our flaunted middle order scoring a total of 46 runs is unacceptable; with three falling in double figures - absolute rubbish! It is a shame, but Dinesh Karthik is really showing himself to be an inadequate number seven batsman, which is a shame considering his strong domestic performances in the middle order and strong Test performances opening but an average of 20.83 at seven is clearly crap. We truly could have used Dhoni's runs but I respect his decision to 'rest' and also don't think that his runs alone could have helped us in terms of results.

Despite his early wicket, Zaheer Khan has shown no improvement to his problems in the subcontinent. Excluding Bangladesh, his average in Asia is 41.44, with no five wicket hauls, which is pretty damn poor. Furthermore, Ishant Sharma is proving that although he is a massive talent, he really struggles against left handers to maintain a threatening line and length.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
You can pretty much kiss India goodbye now. Missed a chance against Sangakkara, and he will make them pay. I am tipping a big hundred here, and he will really go on with it. Hopefully he can go on to a double ton.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Goodbye Dinesh Karthik, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Well, to be fair, he was only in in the first place because Dohni wanted a rest. I can see him playing some more Test Cricket, but only when Dohni is injured or resting.

adharcric

International Coach
****, so sad to see Karthik stooping so low ... to think that he was once considered the best keeper in India. For sure this time, welcome back Parthiv.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
****, so sad to see Karthik stooping so low ... to think that he was once considered the best keeper in India. For sure this time, welcome back Parthiv.
He'd better have improved as a keeper, that much I can say. Then again, it's not like he could've gotten any worse. :ph34r:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah, well it couldn't have been worse than he was last match so not surprised. Sigh, at least Parthiv can bat.