• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's amazing how settled the South African team is. There's not even any question of making big changes even after a high-profile home defeat.

They're really not doing themselves justice, the Indian team has so many holes in it and it's to their credit that they're still managing to maintain the number one spot on merit.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Oddest part was the bit about Amla getting a refridgerator. For a moment I thought that was some sort of metaphor. What a strange present for someone for playing 50 Tests.
To cool his head before the next test obviously. Too much sunshine there atm.

Dissector

International Debutant
Without Laxman I dunno how many test India would've lost by now. WAFG Laxy.
Four in the last few months: against Sri Lanka, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. I don't think anyone in the history of the game has played so many clutch innnings in such a small period of time.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It's amazing how settled the South African team is. There's not even any question of making big changes even after a high-profile home defeat.

They're really not doing themselves justice, the Indian team has so many holes in it and it's to their credit that they're still managing to maintain the number one spot on merit.
They were out batted by an outstanding batting line up. India's bowling is average and SA's batsmen played poorly, but the batsmen are all very settled in the team, except perhaps Alviro.

Teja.

Global Moderator
:happy:

Sreesanth's ball to Kallis is the ball of the 21st century.

Anyone who disagrees surely cannot be taken seriously.

Rant0r

International 12th Man

Exactly, the sign of a good team that can lose and still remain focused on their game plan.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Four in the last few months: against Sri Lanka, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. I don't think anyone in the history of the game has played so many clutch innnings in such a small period of time.
Yep, last four series that is! Mind boggling stuff. really.

Briony

International Debutant
Makes for an interesting last match. Obviously those crucial decisions which favoured India marred a test where batting was poor and bowling, especially from India, very good.

SA will be relieved that it's at Cape town as they seem to reserve their best for that venue and their worst for Durban. But their record of losing at least one test at home continues.

SA would be foolish to prepare a bowling paradise as India has the better attack, with SA not having a spinner and carrying a passenger in Tsotsobe who incidentally made a pair.

Laxman deservedly won MOTM being the only one to pass fifty.

The lack of the UDRS made a slight mockery of this test though. The ICC has to step in and stand up to India, or at least let the opposition use it if India doesn't want to.

Last edited:

Rant0r

International 12th Man
I can't totally agree with that, on paper South Africa has the better attack, Their batsmen failed them, and to India's credit they bowled well, Sreesanth turned back the clock with some of his bowling and Harhajan posed questions. I'm not a fan of Tsotsobe, but his bowling is improving out of sight on the run, surely not the passenger he was previously. It all makes for a fascinating conclusion, test cricket is alive and well

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Meh. I think the only hole, granted it's a major one, is the fast bowling aside from Zaheer. The Yuvraj/Raina slot is always revolving but the rest of the batting line up more than makes up for it. The keeping is fine. The spinner isn't fantastic but compared to other spinners, he bowls as well as any other bar Swann right now, and the captaincy is defensive but he is an excellent motivator.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Whenever Cricinfo updates its 50 moments in cricketing history thing, Sree bouncing Kallis should be in the top 10.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Actually Kapil in 1983 beats him I reckon, Kapil played 18 games and took 75 wickets @ 23.18 while playing two obscenely strong batting sides in Pakistan and West Indies. This includes a 6-match WI tour of India where he was basically the only bowler who could be there in the side purely on his bowling IIRC and he took 29 wickets at 18.51(!) on some shirtfronts while also carrying a knee injury. I highly doubt Zaheer would have stayed fit for 18 matches let alone maintain that level of performance.