• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Bun

Banned
India has shown that the first test was mostly a blip thanks to lack of preparation, getting the worst of conditions, absence of it's best bowlers etc.

Smith once again finds himself with egg on his face.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done, India. This Test has taken me to the brink of insanity, and back again. Sreesanth keeps his place in the side, much to my chagrin, but looks like he has possibly found some form. Surely it was evident that Ishant was a deadweight and so perhaps look to get Yadav or Ojha into the side for the next Test.

1-1 is a good situation. Thankfully, the possibility of 3-0 embarrassment is gone, the number one ranking is secure. The reactionary people who instantly doubted India's number one ranking have been temporarily silenced and, although I do not consider it a possibility, there is an outside chance of winning the series!

Shri

Mr. Glass
Best chance for SA in the 3rd test is to prepare a pitch without much swing and turn. Just good bounce.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yeah Laxman should be the MOM. Though got a feeling that SA might bag the last one despite their batting looking so dire.

BTW maybe Botha/Mclaren could've made the difference today for SA.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Zaheer ends the year with a bowling average of 21.97. Rare for an Indian.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
India has shown that the first test was mostly a blip thanks to lack of preparation, getting the worst of conditions, absence of it's best bowlers etc.
We seem to always start series' terribly. I hope to God we have a few tour games prior to the England tour. If we get mauled in the first Test by England due to lack of preparation, I can see the SkySports panel having a field day, calling us flat-track-bullies and can't play away from home, etc...

b1acksun

Cricket Spectator
I wonder if India holds some type of record for winning ratio with the number of tosses lost.

Here's hoping that Dhoni wins the next toss! (Yea right)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
#1 at #2. Series 1-1. To be decided in Cape Town. Fast bowlers matter. Runs count. Low chance of draw.

I'm getting a woody just thinking about this.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We seem to always start series' terribly. I hope to God we have a few tour games prior to the England tour. If we get mauled in the first Test by England due to lack of preparation, I can see the SkySports panel having a field day, calling us flat-track-bullies and can't play away from home, etc...
That tour is going to be so much fun.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Vijay did it to Hussey in the 2009 test series in India. Off a spinner's bowling.
Pujara's fielding has been one of the pleasant shocks of this game. He does need some runs in the next Test though, or he could be looking at an abrupt hiatus from his Test career.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
I couldn't for the life of me imagine why

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That tour is going to be so much fun.
I hope it is evenly matched. Even though India have performed extremely well to earn #1 ranking and I do back them to win the series, I think there is an outside chance of England absolutely mauling India, especially if the wrong seamers are selected/do not perform.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pujara's fielding has been one of the pleasant shocks of this game. He does need some runs in the next Test though, or he could be looking at an abrupt hiatus from his Test career.
I hope not.. surely they're not quite ridiculous enough to drop a new batsman after two poor tests in South Africa against Storkel. Especially when he's fielded well and has looked pretty good despite not scoring many.