• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope not.. surely they're not quite ridiculous enough to drop a new batsman after two poor tests in South Africa against Storkel. Especially when he's fielded well and has looked pretty good despite not scoring many.
A similar thing happened to Badri and he scored one half-century.

Bun

Banned
South Africa is now in a conundrum. They cannot prepare green bouncy tracks and assume that victory is for granted, as India at full strength has an allround attack which is better than that of South Africa's. Surely the fabled batting lineup is due to come to party at the slightest hint of humanity from Steyn.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think a moment of thanks for Zaheer Khan, he was the difference between the sides and his runs were incredibly crucial.

AaronK

State Regular
man..Zaheer is Gold

speaking of someone who carries around a team, Zaheer has to be there.. he has been carrying around this fragile indian bowling attack for years now..

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa is now in a conundrum. They cannot prepare green bouncy tracks and assume that victory is for granted, as India at full strength has an allround attack which is better than that of South Africa's. Surely the fabled batting lineup is due to come to party at the slightest hint of humanity from Steyn.
That has been the case for some time now, to be honest. Indian batting suffers less on green tracks compared to how much Indian bowling prospers. That is why we managed to win in Perth, Jo'berg and now Durban - all favour fast bowling. Once Tendulkar-Dravid-Laxman retire it would not be same anymore, however!

R_D

International Debutant
:happy:

India finally got there... they never make it easy for us do they... you have to be on the edge all the time. Supporting India is not for the feint hearted :p

Awesome win

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
man..Zaheer is Gold

speaking of someone who carries around a team, Zaheer has to be there.. he has been carrying around this fragile indian bowling attack for years now..
Him and Harbhajan. Harbhajan does not receive quite the credit that he deserves though. Today's performance will be forgotten when he next toils for 50 overs on a flat track for no wickets.

biased indian

International Coach
We seem to always start series' terribly. I hope to God we have a few tour games prior to the England tour. If we get mauled in the first Test by England due to lack of preparation, I can see the SkySports panel having a field day, calling us flat-track-bullies and can't play away from home, etc...
we have one game before the first test...and one in between 2nd and 3rd

and 3 one day games before the ODI series ...i dont know why !!!!!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't get over this victory, truly believe we will win this test series from here on.

Really so proud to be an Indian. I bleed blue, forever will!! :cool:

Dissector

International Debutant
India is so amazing at coming back from huge defeats. The fourth time in recent years we have come back from an innings defeat including thrice against SA. They must be getting so tired of losing tests after crushing us.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Without Laxman I dunno how many test India would've lost by now. WAFG Laxy.

SA though was a tad unlucky, was outplayed in this game especially in the bowling department. Zaheer was top notch though I believe Harbhajan made the difference.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Loving Cricinfo making fun of Dhoni's presentation speech by highlighting all the "WELL OF COURSE" bits.:laugh:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Oddest part was the bit about Amla getting a refridgerator. For a moment I thought that was some sort of metaphor. What a strange present for someone for playing 50 Tests.