• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Heboric

International Debutant
Times have certainly changed. Now we judge a countries cricketing future on one Odi series and one T20 game.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Not too worried about SA being outclassed in the ODI series. The only thing that worried me was their bowling. If India had done enough preparation, SA could have had issues even in the first two tests. I am not used to watching an SA bowling line-up performing like this in their own backyard.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Forget the spinners for a moment, the Indian quicks have been levels above in the limited overs stuff as well. It’s not just Kumar and Bumrah who are showing their skills but Pandya is a smart bowler as well. By contrast, majority of the South African quicks are bowling halfway down thinking India are Bangladesh and 135kph is 150kph.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bumrah's been brilliant for a while now. Starc, Boult and Bumrah would be my first choice pace attack for a World XI.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bumrah's been brilliant for a while now. Starc, Boult and Bumrah would be my first choice pace attack for a World XI.
Yeah hard to argue much. I'd pick three of a group consisting of those three and Hasan Ali. Really not sure which one I'd leave out, but I think they're all a tiny step ahead of the next level of gun ODI quicks (Hazlewood, Bhuvi, Rabada) at the moment.

Last edited:

Daemon

Good thing you remembered Hasan Ali before BW arrived :p

I probably wouldn't put Bhuvi in the same tier as Haze and Rabada. He's been ok but there are guys like Plunkett and Fizzy who've been better.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good thing you remembered Hasan Ali before BW arrived :p

I probably wouldn't put Bhuvi in the same tier as Haze and Rabada. He's been ok but there are guys like Plunkett and Fizzy who've been better.
Yeah I'd agree that he's the worst bowler I listed, but I still think he's better than Plunkett. Fizz is a good call though.

vcs

Forget the spinners for a moment, the Indian quicks have been levels above in the limited overs stuff as well. It’s not just Kumar and Bumrah who are showing their skills but Pandya is a smart bowler as well. By contrast, majority of the South African quicks are bowling halfway down thinking India are Bangladesh and 135kph is 150kph.
Yeah, it's bizarre. You'd think they'd have figured it out by now. Even Dhawan pulls pretty well in ODIs. Short pitched bowling is just asking to be hit. Kohli got to 25 or so off pull shots alone in that 6th ODI.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Is Bumrah the only Indian quick to top ICC ODI rankings or did Kapil (or anyone else) had it for some time?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bumrah at #1 is justice :thumbup:

So is Chahal in top 10. Kuldeep should climb up further too. I do feel Kuldeep is a better bowler by a whisker than his right handed partner assassin.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Man nevermind Dhoni's batting form, dude is priceless as a keeper giving instructions from behind the stumps, leaving captaincy has allowed him to be so much more free flowing with his thoughts during the game.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
South Africa are going to get blown out again today. They don't have a single top level batsman in their entire lineup - not one. Their only hope is to win the toss, bat second and get a rain interrupted D/L victory.

Last edited: