• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

anaksr

U19 Debutant
I have theory with Dhoni. At the very beginning of his career he was actually a big hitter and made himself known to word with those huge sixes and in most cases he used to come up in order and score. Runs in boundaries.

But then after some time he somehow convinced him that he is the mainstay of batting order and he needs to drop down and cut down his boundries so that he can stay till the end and then improvise. This went on for very long time and that was fine at that time.

Until the emergence of Virat,Rohit,Shikar so now whenever he is on ground to bat he is no longer expected to scores singles due to his batting position.

True and sad part is that in the process of settling down in middle order and taking responsibility in those years he completly lost his hitting ability and now even when he is trying he is not getting back. The way he bats can only suit one version of game Tests and he is retired from that.

Moral of the story: Never tinker with your strength coz it will then leave you to get sucked.

anaksr

U19 Debutant
Obviously it's not going to happen but it "should" happen.
Yes strange part is that they don't even keep a back up keep I mean young one like pant,kishan or Samson to give them exposure once in a while. Last time when pant was taken he was literally made to know that his time is not now and he needs to wait. I guess he was just given one solitary game on West Indies.

anaksr

U19 Debutant
Good thing will be to cancel Aus series and get srilankans onboard. Both teams are as pathetic as they can and series will have good competition.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni needs to go now. Embarassing to watch. He atleast has a role to play in ODIs if he moves up the order. In t20s he was never great anyway, should have retired from the format years ago.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Do South Africa realize the total they are chasing? Stop pushing for singles you idiots. You have to go for a boundary every ball.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
Good thing will be to cancel Aus series and get srilankans onboard. Both teams are as pathetic as they can and series will have good competition.
Sri Lanka would probably smash South Africa right now as they are riding high over raping Bangladesh.

Niall

International Coach
Manish Pandey you are nothing but tuk tuk man. same start same ending
Dhoni will play for India as long as he wants to, so no point wasting energy criticising his selection, but what is the need of Pandey in this side? He bats in the top 3 or he doesn't at all. They have enough batsman who can perform his role.

I'd like another explosive hitter in the side replacing Pandey and move Dhoni up the order so he won't waste the slog overs.

Still does look it will be a thumping win for India!

anaksr

U19 Debutant
I've come to a point where being an Indian fan I am less happy with India win and more sad with south Africa's state. Not at all good for cricket. All we have is 4 to 5 strong cricket teams and now this.

Any real ideas to make some drastic improvement in this team. I don't want to see them like this.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
I've come to a point where being an Indian fan I am less happy with India win and more sad with south Africa's state. Not at all good for cricket. All we have is 4 to 5 strong cricket teams and now this.

Any real ideas to make some drastic improvement in this team. I don't want to see them like this.
Improvement is not possible since there are no good bowlers in the entirety of South Africa and they don't have a young generation to take over for their top heavy stars. South Africa as a cricket power is finished within 10 years.

shifty_eyes

U19 12th Man

This has been the case since some time now. First NZ, then England, Australia, Sri Lanka and now South Africa. This team has been depressing their opponents and it start to feel for them. But I reckon this will not continue when India arrives in England, June 2018.

shifty_eyes

U19 12th Man
Does cricket need a strong South Africa?

Discuss.
Yes indeed. As far as I can see, the current South African squad is not settled yet. But ABdV and QDK losing form at the same time, Amla not clicking against India and Faf being injured have actually hurt South African morale as a whole and more so of the newer players. I can see South African team dominating in future again, it just needs some time.