• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody sight more interesting than the Ashes - really looking forward to this - the wife wants to go shopping but she can go whistle

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love watching Bumrah bowl, tbh. Bowls like those beach cricketers with ridiculously elaborate run-ups except he actually hoons them down 140+.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
We're losing this aren't we? Terrible start, India better not have come in expecting to just get wickets without putting in the effort.

hazsa19

International Regular
This is the first session of the Test I’ve seen. Seems like a bouncey wicket with a bit of variable bounce. Aren’t we all crying out for pitches which deteriorate more?

Top_Cat

Nah it’s only a couple of overs in. I’m backing India to adjust, especially since the demons didn’t disappear overnight like some decks seem to. Still plenty of movement and they’re not too far off the right lengths.

Top_Cat

This is the first session of the Test I’ve seen. Seems like a bouncey wicket with a bit of variable bounce. Aren’t we all crying out for pitches which deteriorate more?
Yeah but this is the outer limit of that.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed, and we should all be careful about what we wish for

veganbob

U19 Captain
Why don't the Indian fans here seem to rate bumrah? Ive enjoyed watching him this series. Kind of feels like a bowler that can take wickets at random moments

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It's more the attitude they seem to have come out with, Shammi in particular shouldn't come into play until we have taken the main SA bats down, dude is totally off this test. Need Ishant back to keep bowl a long spell keeping the ball at one place and attack from the other end.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think SA should try to reach target within 80 overs. They shouldn't take a chance with the 2nd new ball imo.

Daemon

Pitch map is all over the place with nothing in the slightly fuller than good length area.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
SA used the heavy roller right? Could that also be affecting the pitch, haven't seen too many balls rear up.