• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ishant Sharma.

****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see India's spearhead return to the side after a couple of tests out. Well rewarded for his two weeks of gym work which he's just started.

Last edited:

Jassy

Banned
Ishant is terrible and should be nowhere near the squad but judging purely on how they bowled in the ODI's I don't particularly mind Ishant being selected. I understand tests are a whole different ball game but given how Bhuvi bowled in pretty good conditions for bowling in the first game and how this is effectively a two match penalty shootout, I wouldn't be too surprised or disappointed if Ishant got a game. I cannot believe that I am saying this as I totally hate the **** Ishant. I suppose Yadav is as bad (or as good depending on how you see it) as Ishant but they may just go Ishant here. In the long term it has to be Bhuvi though, no question about that. Just for this series I would also play Jadeja over Rahane. They are both as likely to score runs (read score <20) so at least it'll be good to have a backup just in case Zaheer breaks down again. I would go : 1)Vijay 2)Dhawan 3)Pujara 4)Kohli 5)Rohit 6)Ashwin 7)Dhoni 8)Jadeja 9)Bhuvi/Ishant 10)Shami 11)Zaheer

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ishant is terrible and should be nowhere near the squad but judging purely on how they bowled in the ODI's I don't particularly mind Ishant being selected. I understand tests are a whole different ball game but given how Bhuvi bowled in pretty good conditions for bowling in the first game and how this is effectively a two match penalty shootout, I wouldn't be too surprised or disappointed if Ishant got a game. I cannot believe that I am saying this as I totally hate the **** Ishant. I suppose Yadav is as bad (or as good depending on how you see it) as Ishant but they may just go Ishant here. In the long term it has to be Bhuvi though, no question about that. Just for this series I would also play Jadeja over Rahane. They are both as likely to score runs (read score <20) so at least it'll be good to have a backup just in case Zaheer breaks down again. I would go : 1)Vijay 2)Dhawan 3)Pujara 4)Kohli 5)Rohit 6)Ashwin 7)Dhoni 8)Jadeja 9)Bhuvi/Ishant 10)Shami 11)Zaheer
I would not play either of Bhuv or Ishant.

Zaheer, Shami and Yadav. Go for the jugular*

* i.e. try and restrict SA to less than 500.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Will be very interesting to see the Indian batsmen against the SA pacers. Can potentially be the series that makes them as cricketers.
Not necessarily, it could for one of them create an aura, along the lines of SRT. (Not to the same extent) but give that person a level above the others. Hopefully Pujara for mine

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Yadav can be very wayward and considering that he's not been in the best of forms, I would rather have Kumar over him tbh.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Anyone remember Sreeaanth' form leading up to the last series? Pulled one of the best spells of modern test cricket and won us a game. Dat ball to Kallis. Maybe Yadav could come up with something similar.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ishant should be nowhere near the XI wtf is going on. Even an out of form yadav is to be preferred over I.S.
Indeed. Needs to be out of the side until he becomes better. Maybe some county seasons if some side actually gives him a go like Zak.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The game which Sreesanth won for us was in 2006 wasn't it? He did well in the last series too but it was more Zaheer and Harbhajan

Burgey

In the (largely good natured) spirit which has permeated the Ashes thread, I would like to wish Indian fans an absolute ****ing nightmare as their team gets torn a new one.

All the best.

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Captain
In the (largely good natured) spirit which has permeated the Ashes thread, I would like to wish Indian fans an absolute ****ing nightmare as their team gets torn a new one.

All the best.
SA will get owned. I repeat. I hope SA choke pretty bad and get owned in both the tests.

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Captain
No, SA will win inside 2 days with a run a ball triple from Amla and 15-fer from Steyn!

flibbertyjibber

Can't wait for this, so many things to look forward to. Basically all about India too as their batting has not really played outside India yet and while they have looked great there can they perform in other conditions against the best attack around?