• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sharma's technique against Steyn was decent in the odis. As long as he doesn't throw it away against the other bowlers, he should do well. Kohli is going to be hit or miss, he is either going to blow them away or fail. Pujara and Ashwin are looking dependable atm and so a lot of people are betting on them. Nothing more to it imo.

91Jmay

International Coach
I honestly can see this being a bit of a massacre. Not like Ashes level bad but pretty one sided. Don't fancy the India bats standing up to SA well at all.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah but not many of us have factored in Zak. Could do some damage if he is even at 50% of his old form. But yeah this is going to be a hiding I fear.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah I think India's attack isn't as bad in Tests as some people make out, especially if Zak is back.

Should be a good learning experience for them though going forward.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
im not sure how other south africans feel, but this tour is so... bleh

All the excitement from the mid of the year has been destroyed by the bcci and they petty BS.

Just waiting for Australia now.

That said. India have a good chance starting tomorrow. as long as they back themselves. First innings is vital. india will want to bat first and go at 4 an over from the outset.

Last edited:

Quaggas

State Captain
im not sure how other south africans feel, but this tour is so... bleh

All the excitement from the mid of the year has been destroyed by the bcci and they petty BS.

Just waiting for Australia now.
Agree. All very hollow, with the air full of excuses. Wouldn't even care if both matches were washed out. Also looking forward to Australia, esp now that they're playing so well.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Test cricket is so weird these days. Genuinely wouldn't bat an eyelid if India hammered them.
Are you serious? I'd be absolutely shocked.

Reading the preview to this game, is it true that Ishant is expected to start over Kumar? Is this some kind of sick joke?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Don't understand Dhoni. Why would you use Sharma when you have better bowlers available. This guy is the Mohammad Sami of India; always getting chances but screwing up big time.

BK is going to do well in RSA I reckon. He is a good new ball bowler.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's never out of the realms of possibility that Ishant will play but I think they'll go for Umesh over him tbh.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I think Ishant is a surety to play. Bhuvi's lack of pace and old-ball skills probably holding him back. Umesh might be considered too similar to Shami and maybe the management wants the extra bounce that Ishant potentially offers. I do not agree with this line of thinking and would prefer Umesh playing.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Will be very interesting to see the Indian batsmen against the SA pacers. Can potentially be the series that makes them as cricketers.