• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

kyear2

International Coach
Ashwin done like a kipper there!!..no big score for you my friend..it's not a feeble wi attack you're facing here.
Insinuating that Ash needs a Windies attack to do well won't get you anywhere... He did well against England and Australia too :cool:
Not facing weak attack at home. He will get better but his numbers, batting and bowling have been greatly helped by playing most of his matches at home thus far.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Always satisfying to see India get a hiding.. A bunch of prima donnas bigger than the game, who consider SA not worthy of a full tour, or for Tendulkar to have his little swansong, well you've been stuffed again, and I hope it translates into the tests as well

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Always satisfying to see India get a hiding.. A bunch of prima donnas bigger than the game, who consider SA not worthy of a full tour, or for Tendulkar to have his little swansong, well you've been stuffed again, and I hope it translates into the tests as well
Not the actual reason for BCCI's bullying but if it helps your victim complex, go for it

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is going to a long and brutal tour. That pitch wasn't even fast and that bouncy ffs.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
How is Ishant still getting a game in ODI's? Did the series v Australia not let Dhoni know that's he's awful.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is going to a short and brutal tour. That pitch wasn't even fast and that bouncy ffs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hope you noticed I even kept my poor grammar with the lack of the word "be" in my second post, just like my first. #consistent.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Not saying India are going to be amazing, but way too much pessimism here. There are a couple of worrying signs, but I wouldn't go crazy. I expected two losses here.

Shot selection decisions in ODIs are very different from shot selection decisions in tests. The biggest thing to take away from these matches is what a batsman's defensive technique looked like.

Dhawan: I've feared his temperament and play of the short ball. He can't be hooking so early on in his innings during his first test tour outside the subcontinent. That's a temperament issue more than anything else. Still, when you're chasing a score, which balls to play shots off of yields a different answer than when you're just putting up a total in a test match. I understand the pressure to score is there.

Rohit: For a guy who will be batting at 5, his defensive technique has actually impressed me more than I anticipated. Yes, Steyn's spell made him look ugly. But for how good that spell was, zero nicks and zero chances was impressive. He did well vs Morkel too. I've always thought his shot selection in ODIs was poor. It has improved since he has moved up the order and taken his time, but those instincts are still there I suspect.

Kohli: King of the road needs to learn that the ball moves in South Africa, and there's extra bounce. He has a good technique but is very eager to score, in ODIs and in tests. These are foreign conditions, and he has shown it due respect early in his innings.

Rahane: He was ducking well. Unlucky, but I liked how he looked.

Dhoni: Let's not kid ourselves. He's going to be embarrassed here. I saw him walk across a few times, which is probably a good way to counter full and wide deliveries, but if he has to come in before the 25th over, he'll be embarrassed in a test match.

I don't got time for Raina and Jadeja

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kohli: King of the road needs to learn that the ball moves in South Africa, and there's extra bounce. He has a good technique but is very eager to score, in ODIs and in tests. These are foreign conditions, and he has shown it due respect early in his innings.
You can't show due respect when you're chasing 358 like he was in the first ODI.

This game he just prodded outside off. He's KP-esque, likes bat on ball. Will always be a flaw in him I fear.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not saying India are going to be amazing, but way too much pessimism here. There are a couple of worrying signs, but I wouldn't go crazy. I expected two losses here.

Shot selection decisions in ODIs are very different from shot selection decisions in tests. The biggest thing to take away from these matches is what a batsman's defensive technique looked like.

Dhawan: I've feared his temperament and play of the short ball. He can't be hooking so early on in his innings during his first test tour outside the subcontinent. That's a temperament issue more than anything else. Still, when you're chasing a score, which balls to play shots off of yields a different answer than when you're just putting up a total in a test match. I understand the pressure to score is there.

Rohit: For a guy who will be batting at 5, his defensive technique has actually impressed me more than I anticipated. Yes, Steyn's spell made him look ugly. But for how good that spell was, zero nicks and zero chances was impressive. He did well vs Morkel too. I've always thought his shot selection in ODIs was poor. It has improved since he has moved up the order and taken his time, but those instincts are still there I suspect.

Rahane: He was ducking well. Unlucky, but I liked how he looked.

Dhoni: Let's not kid ourselves. He's going to be embarrassed here. I saw him walk across a few times, which is probably a good way to counter full and wide deliveries, but if he has to come in before the 25th over, he'll be embarrassed in a test match.

I don't got time for Raina and Jadeja
You can also bank on Steyn pitching it up another yard to Sharma than he did in that spell in the first ODI.

It will be interesting to see how they go. There's some more than decent talent in a lot of their young blokes, but it's just such an alien place to play compared with what a lot of them are used to.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
You can also bank on Steyn pitching it up another yard to Sharma than he did in that spell in the first ODI.

It will be interesting to see how they go. There's some more than decent talent in a lot of their young blokes, but it's just such an alien place to play compared with what a lot of them are used to.
Not when Sharma comes in to bat at #5. Though a top order collapse is surely on the cards