• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Comms making it sound like Dhoni strategically sacrificed himself. Nope. He just got out

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
the ground looks terrible with the saw dust all around. Can't believe we played Ishant, such a knee-jerk selection.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Bar Pujara and Vijay isn't this the indian test top order? and yet they look all at sea here. After the series against Australia and our lot it was said that a new generation of quality indian batsmen had emerged!!..but the signs thus far don't look too good i must say...they're being totally exposed right now.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja and Ashwin should just play this innings out and get some practice. I think we simply have to play both Jadeja and Ashwin in the test series. Our bowlers just look so out of it.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli have struggled because the quality of bowling has been much higher- I have to admit- even higher than the Aussies, who bowled quite well earlier only to be limited by pitches. Steyn and Morkel can extract bounce even on the most batting-friendly pitches, and the support bowlers are very chippy- their strike rates are very impressive. Why can't India develop such bowlers, and put some effort into it? Fair, Ishant was given plenty of chances and began to let them down later on, but nobody, bar Jadeja and lately Bhuvneshwar in ODIs, was given so many chances. Umesh was never persisted with, although injuries and breaks didn't help his cause. Celebrate mediocrity, back the wrong blokes, run the team like a welfare organisation for a select few, and then this happens.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
156 off 126... not impossible to get loool ;P

Man how good a bat is Ashwin, lovely to watch.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Lopsy and McLaren have seriously good strike rates, even though they're support bowlers. Not surprisingly, South Africa have a strong ODI bowling unit. And we thought economy rates are everything.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli have struggled because the quality of bowling has been much higher- I have to admit- even higher than the Aussies, who bowled quite well earlier only to be limited by pitches. Steyn and Morkel can extract bounce even on the most batting-friendly pitches, and the support bowlers are very chippy- their strike rates are very impressive. Why can't India develop such bowlers, and put some effort into it? Fair, Ishant was given plenty of chances and began to let them down later on, but nobody, bar Jadeja and lately Bhuvneshwar in ODIs, was given so many chances. Umesh was never persisted with, although injuries and breaks didn't help his cause. Celebrate mediocrity, back the wrong blokes, run the team like a welfare organisation for a select few, and then this happens.
I was impressed by Rohit not giving a single chance to Steyn or Morkel in the first match. In this match too, his defensive technique looked fine. His shot selection in ODIs has always been subpar.