• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sux that Lathers Latham in so early but I guess it's good practice for opening in New Zealand's next test match.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, this suddenly looks pretty awful.

But I'm kind of amused that it's Ishant again. :laugh:

James

Cricket Web Owner
But I'm kind of amused that it's Ishant again. :laugh:
Me too and that's Ishant locked into the Indian team for another 5 years :laugh:

None of us should exactly be surprised that we're bugger all for 2 again though. Happening every time now. Just hoping we can make a score of over 250 which I think will probably be about par.

Blocky

Banned
And there goes the problems with picking someone for a one off test series to bat out of position when you've been inserted on a lively pitch.... should've gone Redmond, Brownlee or someone else who has already had a taste of the level. Just horrible knowing your openers aren't likely to contribute in any innings yet keep getting selected.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ishant has bowled bloody well this morning. Sure the pitch is very helpful but still, he is doing\ what he needs to.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
How many Tests does it take for a wicket-taking Sharma to turn from 'oh sh*t now he's locked in for another *X period of years*' to 'gee, maybe he's alright'? I mean he is nicking guys off, putting it in some fairly decent areas from a height and a reasonable clip, yes?

I'm not usually one for rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic but we need openers with the mindset of Test openers. Ruds' approach outside off stump is clearly not going to work for him at Test level, and Fulton's technique looks shot.