• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It says a lot about the incompetence of India's bowling attack in the 1st test that such an injured player could score a century.

Now it seems like if Clarke is awaken from his sleep 2 AM at night right after his hamstring surgery and is told to face Varun Aaron and Karn Sharma immediately he can still end up scoring a century.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Adelaide is NOT a ground to judge fast bowlers and their performance.
A test class bowler worth his salt won't allow a severely injured batsman score a century anywhere.

I can understand Warner's and Steve Smith's efforts on Adelaide, and I have never criticised Indian bowlers for those. I didn't expect any better from them. But this is a different thing we're talking about.

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
I wouldn't expect bowlers not be spanked in bowler friendly conditions in their 4th test...that too an Indian bowler.

anil1405

International Captain
Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Dhoni
Ashwin
Yadav
I Sharma
Aaron

This is the team I would like to see for Brisbane test.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't expect bowlers not be spanked in bowler friendly conditions in their 4th test...that too an Indian bowler.
Me neither...but by a batsman without hamstring and back?

What next? Will the paralympians score centuries too?

anil1405

International Captain
For starters it was just a bad back but not hamstring problem when he played that knock in first innings.

One commentator was saying that when a player is injured but can still continue then he tends to have extra focus. Clarke has been playing with a bad back for a long time now.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nah don't buy the theory that he had hamstring problem for months before the test, and has the problem now to the point of surgery but due to some divine intervention there was no hamstring problem for exactly 2 days in between.

cnerd123

likes this
Clarke has scored runs against better attacks with his crooked back though. Give some credit to the man. He seems to understand how to play within his restrictions and is talented and determined enough to pull it off.

Shami and Aaron were dreadful in patches tho. They had their moments. Shami just seems shot since the third test in England, and Aaron is just not ready for this level. Bring back Pankaj and Yadav.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
For starters it was just a bad back but not hamstring problem when he played that knock in first innings.

One commentator was saying that when a player is injured but can still continue then he tends to have extra focus. Clarke has been playing with a bad back for a long time now.
What are you talking about. Clarke would have had hamstring problems in the first innings as well.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Clarke has scored runs against better attacks with his crooked back though.
I wouldn't be making a fuss if it was crooked back only. It's very evident that Clarke has a broken body throughout the last few months, and Adelaide test couldn't be an exception.

No batsman in his right mind would play an International match in that condition, unless he's motivated by something rare.

We can safely say that there's only one reason Clarke dared to even think of playing in Adelaide.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ian Chappell says "If Brian Lara christened his daughter Sydney after the site of his first Test century, then Kohli has multiple reasons to name any female offspring he produces Adelaide."

Anushka Sharma might have something to say about that.

Spark

Global Moderator
you mean aside from the fact that clarke clearly wanted to play at brisbane before any of that happened

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you mean aside from the fact that clarke clearly wanted to play at brisbane before any of that happened
Really? In any case, Hughes' passing certainly removed any doubts about his playing no matter how he was physically. Clarke said as much in his press conference.

Spark

Global Moderator
Really? In any case, Hughes' passing certainly removed any doubts about his playing no matter how he was physically. Clarke said as much in his press conference.
sure, there was that whole thing between clarke and ca because clarke basically was of the opinion that if he says he's fit, he's fit