• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Molehill

International Captain
Lol at the English fans that think England can score 300 off 50 overs versus Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood (and Marsh, Green and Head)
I mean, they did chase down 254 in exactly 50 overs in the fourth innings, is it so ridiculous?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol at the English fans that think England can score 300 off 50 overs versus Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood (and Marsh, Green and Head)
Yeah must agree.......CD way off the mark with that call.

At least 50 runs short of what we'd think is par tbh

CartyDurham

International Captain
Australia will be looking to bowl England out for zero in both innings.

Obviously unlikely but IMO will be what they try to achieve if they can.

Despite the implications of saying such a thing I will demand people take it literally as a broad intention.
:laugh:

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
Yeah must agree.......CD way off the mark with that call.

At least 50 runs short of what we'd think is par tbh
Then 60 overs and declare

This is what I think might happen

do I think it’s achievable , I’m not convinced

it’s all to be seen and I’m sorry for posting something that might happen

I won’t be doing that again

Molehill

International Captain
Australia will be looking to bowl England out for zero in both innings.

Obviously unlikely but IMO will be what they try to achieve if they can.

Despite the implications of saying such a thing I will demand people take it literally as a broad intention.
But is that what you think Australia will be looking to do or what they will actually do or what you think might happen?

Barbel

Cricket Spectator
If the weather is bad , I can see England attempt to bat for 50 overs at ODI and T20 pace, declare and then hope to bowl Australia out

I reckon they would look to score 300 off 50 overs in the first innings then declare if the weather is to be bad

they have to win so declarations will be in play

this of course depends on the toss and if they are inserted or choose to bat .
I've been thinking similar. Due to Saturday and Sunday potentially being washed out, that toss is so important to win. Batting first and scoring as many as they can in a set number of overs does look the best option to leave enough time to try and bowl Australia out twice.

If Australia do bat first, and although Wood, Woakes and Broad are in great form, hopefully Anderson will turn up and put a good display in.

Roll on tomorrow.

CartyDurham

International Captain
But is that what you think Australia will be looking to do or what they will actually do or what you think might happen?
I think that you think that it won’t happen but it may happen but thinking is not the best thing to do when posting, I think that’s clear

Carlos

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Interesting they made the call now and not tomorrow after inspecting the pitch. Probably want to give Cam Green more time to prep

Spark

Global Moderator
Boo, no meme lower order with Cummins at 11.

Having said that given that Carey is likely to bat 8 I don’t mind them just picking who they feel the better bowler is and ignoring batting entirely.

Gob

International Coach
Yeah probably the right team. Can't see spin playing a part with the weather around

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
So in place of a spinner who Cummins clearly doesn't trust with the ball, they're picking two pace-bowling all-rounders who Cummins clearly doesn't trust with the ball?