• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Similar day to Edgbaston 05 day 1 actually
We made 400 then didn't we? But I know what you mean. I think the criticism then was that we'd left too many runs out there due to being over-aggressive but I think it worked out OK. Although I could do without another 2 run margin.

Spark

Global Moderator
We made 400 then didn't we? But I know what you mean. I think the criticism then was that we'd left too many runs out there due to being over-aggressive but I think it worked out OK. Although I could do without another 2 run margin.
The main thing was that they put real fear into the Aus bowlers. Mentally with one very obvious exception they never really recovered from that day and were well below par for the rest of the series.

Of course, the most important thing that happened that day with regards to the attack happened before a ball had been bowled.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robinson looks like he’s worked pretty hard on his fitness since the last Ashes. Fair play to him
He has. Can play back to back games now without his pace dropping massively in the 2nd game. Think he got a stern talking to from the likes of Stokes and Anderson as to what was needed. He listened.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad has been petrified of being hit for about a decade now and as a result, he’s far more likely to be hurt than he ever used to be when he kept his eyes on the ball