• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't think it is flat as people are saying.

Pope the wicket that has really bothered me.
It seems to have done a fair bit more once the lacquer went off the ball. This seems to be something which is far more a thing people talk about in England with the Dukeball than here, where once the shine goes off the Kooka it's basically flatsville.

Then again Aus bowled some pish areas first up and were better second hour.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Aussies win that session but letting Crawley score that many is criminal.
tactical, guarantees now is there for the series
Sun Tzu said: “Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
1686918477121.png

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Three down at lunch on a bounce-less road under sunny skies on day one is in front for the bowling side mate. Usual rule of thumb is if you win the toss and bowl on a green deck you want three before lunch to be in front.
Really don’t deserve to be in front given we’ve bowled a lot of dross (mostly too straight) but I think we're (narrowly) there.
Yeha in seriousness, that last ball wicket obviously changes the complexion of the game.

But given where our strengths are, 124-3 with Root yet to get going but still out there, and it being the top 3 back in the pavilion, is a strong platform for us, also.

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ducket was the most disappointing dismissal for me. Me ole Da (RIP) would be singing "Gone Fishin'" for weeks. Pope? Miss a straight one from a pieman bowling rond the wicket? Hmmm. Crawley got a decent ball. Not too disheartened though.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crawley punching above his weight cancels out Duckett's looseness but Pope really needs to do better. That was an awful shot. England can't afford to leave any runs on the board. Root needs to be at his best post lunch. Keen to see how much difference the two tails will make.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit concerned that England are going to go hard at everything and make 350 at a run a ball when it's really a 500 pitch.
That’s the downside of their approach

This is a 450 par pitch minimum and you don’t get bonus points for scoring less at 5 an over

Qlder

International Debutant
Hoping Cummins fakes an injury, Smith captains more aggressively and England all of for 200 at Tea

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
So excited to see how the statistical anomaly that is Harry Brook goes.

One statistical anomaly bowls to another.