• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Despite all the talk of a roady-road, there's been an odd ball that have done a bit.

Australia's session though clearly.
Yeah I don't think it is flat as people are saying.

Pope the wicket that has really bothered me.

Son Of Coco

It's hard to be disappointed with 61 from Crawley but him tonning up day 1 after everything said would have been sodding amazing.

Feels like England have let a good position slip here but it was probably always going to be about the middle order anyway
He could play across the line with confidence without moving his feet and still couldn't ton up.

That's Zak Crawley.

Gob

International Coach
Meh it's a one day wickets and they are playing with a one day mindset. You can talk all you like about attacking fields and the score could have been 180

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The Crawley wicket nudges Australia ahead but no more than that.

Shame for Crawley as considering the pressure he's under, he played pretty well.

The Aussies were pretty negative tactically - sweepers on the point boundary from about the 3rd over but they'll say it limited our runs.

I'm happy enough with the session, but we need the middle order to now push on to take us to 450+.

Gnske

Yeah tbh this is probably advantage to Aus. I think Cummins just needs to get the feel for how to captain against this.

Despite Pietersen and Taylor whinging all morning

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's meant to be a bit flat on the first day of a Test match, honestly what do people want. very weird. It's perfectly average as flatness goes I'd say.
An hour of Australia toiling and they want demerit points, it is what it is.

Cracking session entertainment wise. Great start to the series.

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Bit concerned that England are going to go hard at everything and make 350 at a run a ball when it's really a 500 pitch.

Pothas

It's meant to be a bit flat on the first day of a Test match, honestly what do people want. very weird. It's perfectly average as flatness goes I'd say.
Australia made it look flatter as well.

I reckon we are about even at this stage.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, you're miles ahead given our four best batsman are either in or to come and we have 120 on the board

Idiot
Three down at lunch on a bounce-less road under sunny skies on day one is in front for the bowling side mate. Usual rule of thumb is if you win the toss and bowl on a green deck you want three before lunch to be in front.
Really don’t deserve to be in front given we’ve bowled a lot of dross (mostly too straight) but I think we're (narrowly) there.