• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's not true at all. The pitch has atleast started to grip more and more and both spinners have found some bite. Its not an ideal pitch but you've been way overstating it imo.
Yeah, lyon was low key excellent this test aside form a couple of overs

Molehill

International Captain
Oh yeah it's absolutely down to England's tactics - another team would have batted for two days on that wicket up front, put on 550, and put us all to sleep.
And yet England did manage to take 10 first innings wickets without Australia (bar Head) playing stupid shots.

**** me that declaration looks stupid now.

CartyDurham

International Captain
There will be another new ball about an hour into the last session

I think the key is obvious , Khwaja bats through Australia go 1-0 up

Burgey

I thought tea was due at 4:15 local?

hahahaha Ponting slyly calling out the reverse from 2095 and englands blatant cheating that series

Burgey

And yet England did manage to take 10 first innings wickets without Australia (bar Head) playing stupid shots.

**** me that declaration looks stupid now.
Marnus, Warner, Khawaja and Head all played wildly loose shots to lose their wickets first innings.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Could I ask. Whenever an Australian is out, it’s a bad shot and nothing to do with the bowler ?
In these circumstances, with the nerves kicking in, yeah most likely.

That's the only reason I think England are getting pretty good odds still, despite the score. And would be a great win for Australia to pull it off.