• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Craig

World Traveller
I have ot agree with Atherton. If you have Anderson facing, you want him driving through the covers since he is likely nick it to the slips.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By definition though that doesn't happen all that often. Much more often good bowling does well against batsmen. Mostly when batsmen do well it's against bad bowling.
Do you speak to people like that, or just save it for internet posts?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I have ot agree with Atherton. If you have Anderson facing, you want him driving through the covers since he is likely nick it to the slips.
Aye, although it would help if Ponting posted more than two slips for Anderson.

Craig

World Traveller
For those who have seen more games then me from Cardiff, is the outfield square of the wicket normally quite slow (I have seen a few balls hold up when hit out there) or is it because there has been wet weather lately?

tooextracool

International Coach
Yep looks too slow to be able to bounce anyone on this wicket. Australia have bowl the wrong lines and lengths all morning though and as a result have little to show for it.