• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Craig

World Traveller
I know Siddle took two big wickets yeasterday, but would you take concern that he has gone for now15 boundaries? This is something Lloyd and Atherton were just talking about. Still a economy rate of over 4 an over is quite high for Test cricket.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice shot there from Broad. Looking pretty fluid for this early in the day (a better shot than I saw from Strauss or Cook yesterday morning)

R_D

International Debutant
Just goes to show that batsmen batting well is really boring.
na more like batsman milking the crap bowling like ODI middle overs is boring.

Batsman doing well against good bowling is exciting to watch.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
So, anything under 350, means Aus are on top, anything above 400 means Eng are on top. I guess this is a top start for proper Test Cricket. Game on!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, would say Scott Quinnell has filled out since his playing days, but was always a lardo, tbh. He's about the same.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Batsman doing well against good bowling is exciting to watch.
By definition though that doesn't happen all that often. Much more often good bowling does well against batsmen. Mostly when batsmen do well it's against bad bowling.

And BTW for me milking average bowling to deep-set fields is no more or less boring than rubbish bowling being smashed for lots of boundaries.