• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

loterry1994

International Debutant
I think you're missing that my expectations for batting in England are in the gutter. Anything defendable is useful and then I expect the bowlers to defend it - this lot sure are capable.

If you give the first innings scores we've gotten in this series to the 2013, 15 and 19 teams then we probably win at least one if not two of those series. Edgbaston was a road I get that and Lord's had Lyon go down but what happened at Headingley was abysmal. You can't be giving 200 runs to the tail in a game where 500 runs are scored per side across the match.
yeah fair enough but this is not like the pitches and bowling of those series. You can’t count how many times both teams have gifted their wickets away to poor shots and balls

Spark

Global Moderator
yeah fair enough but this is not like the pitches and bowling of those series. You can’t count how many times both teams have gifted their wickets away to poor shots and balls
These pitches are actually very similar to 2013 tbh, at least the ones outside of London - slow, low, not a lot of grass on them.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Aus with two moral victories in a row this test are now running away with the series
Mate, that run out **** up was clearly a moral win for England. The injustice of it. And imagine having to cope for the whole Test without your star spinner / allrounder. Eng in front easily. Plenty of time for things to.... oohhh nice catch. Moral bonus right there.

91Jmay

International Coach
Root hasn't bowled anywhere near enough. Should have had a go at Murphy instead of flogging Wood
Lol

Amazing catch but I'd rather Murphy was trying to do that than being able to plunk Wood to the short side.

Really poor captaincy last hour or so.

Basically a 1 innings shoot out. 250-275ish would be great