• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh yeah Hilfy!! Bit of a nothing shot, but well batted overall Strauss.

Wonder how Bell will go now if Colly gets bogged down.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Long and arduous session coming up now.

Hopefully they don't go into their shell. No reason why they should shut up shop.

Jakester1288

International Regular
250-300 max for the Poms here.

I'm tired as, and I have school tomorrow, but I don't want to stop watching.

I might re-evaluate my plan soon.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bad feelings about this, unless both Bell and Collingwood get massive scores this is going to put a lot of pressure on Trott to get a lot of runs in his first innings. Let's hope he's up to the job, as I can't see this pair lasting long.

tooextracool

International Coach
Bell has been truly woeful v the short deliveries. Time to play first class cricket kiddo.
As Hussain pointed out, Bell's problem with the short ball has more to do with his problem against left handers and the ball swinging into him. Zaheer was all over him on the last tour to England and Johnson has caused him some problems here. Credit to him, unlike Cook, he's actually spent some time and worked on his technique and stance to try and counter it. Obviously, he's still struggled but at least he's battling out there in a pressure situation that quite defies the rather ridiculous 'soft' tag that he's been branded with throughout his career.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Another perfect ball by Hilfenhaus, one which Warne praises as well. Hilfenhaus is bowling on some really nice spots.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Clark's been spineless for no real fault of his. Ball is just dying off the pitch.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Ian Bell is approaching what is his greatest problem area in test match cricket, that is converting his starts into a big score. Here's another chance to show that he's improved on his concentration.

Last edited: