• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Langeveldt

Soutie
'shoutout'? Excuse my ignorance Rich.
They keep mentioning people who are listening all over the world.. i'm trying to get them to say, Richard Hingston is listening from a swimming pool in Grahamstown, South Africa.. It's cold, but I've got my legs in at least

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They keep mentioning people who are listening all over the world.. i'm trying to get them to say, Richard Hingston is listening from a swimming pool in Grahamstown, South Africa.. It's cold, but I've got my legs in at least
Ta. Good luck mate.

JBH001

International Regular
Only a matter of time Bell falling to Johnson if he faces him for too many consecutive deliveries.

Bit difficult switching between channels and following SL v NZ and Eng v Aus.

Edit/ And, oh yeah, surprised at Onion's exclusion. Still, pleased they didnt play two spinners whatever Athers thinks of the matter.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The good part about Strauss' batting today is that not only has he looked very solid, he is looking to play his shots which is always a bonus.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The good part about Strauss' batting today is that not only has he looked very solid, he is looking to play his shots which is always a bonus.
Surely has been more attacking at other points of the series. Sitting on his bat handle, for mine.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whether or not it is a two spinner pitch it doesn't matter when your second spinner is a total waste of space. If they'd picked Rashid or someone else in the squad then it would be something you could at least consider.

Burgey

Ooh. Err. Strauss looks good, Bell looks **** etc etc

Information gentlemen, I want info. Stuck at this ****ing dinner, what's the ****ing score for God's sake?

Edit: thank you Pratters, God Bless.

Last edited:

social

Massive advantage to Eng here with Oz picking the wrong attack and batting first on a wicket that looks like it will be very difficult to bat on later in the game

Makes you wonder whether the Oz selectors actually looked at the pitch before choosing the team

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Massive advantage to Eng here with Oz picking the wrong attack and batting first on a wicket that looks like it will be very difficult to bat on later in the game

Makes you wonder whether the Oz selectors actually looked at the pitch before choosing the team
England 4-1 up on the toss this series, they've hardly made it count though

duffer

Clark not getting it close enough to make this **** play. Not the best of days for him so far.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Surely has been more attacking at other points of the series. Sitting on his bat handle, for mine.
Ha, was just about to agree with you (with a "but" rider) as Strauss cuts Johnson away for 4, lessening the weight of my point somewhat. Classic Strauss, seizing the width.

FTR my "but" was gonna be " it's understandable he doesn't wanna give it away given the rest of our batting".

Top_Cat

Ha, was just about to agree with you (with a "but" rider) as Strauss cuts Johnson away for 4, lessening the weight of my point somewhat. Classic Strauss, seizing the width.

FTR my "but" was gonna be " it's understandable he doesn't wanna give it away given the rest of our batting".
Heard enough about your but, tbh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This is the first time I am watching the series seriously, so no background information about how attacking Strauss has been earlier in the series.