• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's been raining in Reading for the last half hour or so and looks like hanging around for a while - just hope it doesn't decide to move 40 miles east

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Love how some of the Aus posters are playing down their chances, but an England win would be a massive upset for mine. Harmy's a lucky boy to be playing and Onions dead unlucky, but I can see why they went for the attack (apart from Swann/Panesar) that won here against SA last August. Can't see us scoring nearly enough runs though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*Sigh*

Another day one, another bloody Law Society dinner. ****s have no idea re scheduling

Scaly piscine

England leave out their most attacking bowler. FFS.

If they were going to play Harmison they should have dropped Anderson. Onions >>> Anderson.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If the ball isn't swinging I'm inclined to agree with Scaly. Onions unlucky, but Harmison would've been the one to make way if I were a selector. We already have two back of a length bowlers in Fred & Broad, three seems overkill.

Scaly piscine

The only time Anderson has looked any good was after Onions ripped two in two balls when it wasn't doing much, then moved it around and had some bad luck while Anderson breezed took out the middle and lower order and ended up with a 5-fer.

Onions ended up with 4, but deserved more.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Can't believe Haddin has already played 19 tests. Still seems like the 'new guy'.

Siddle with 12 is also a surprise

Last edited: