• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I remember him going on strike at Real Madrid and I'm pretty sure he fell out with people at PSG quite quickly. Maybe it was the fact it happened in a summer rather than during the season, my recollection of Anelka to Real was that they made a huge bid which couldn't really be turned down.

I'd be surprised given his age if he had a reputation of being difficult before he went to Arsenal.
Yeah, from what I remember there were no issues prior to Arsenal, as he was only 17 when he joined. The bad behaviour definitely started at Arsenal though, I remember the "Le Sulk" newspaper headline and David Mellor calling him a tw@t live on air, which was very amusing.

At the time I was really devastated that he left, but if he hadn't Arsenal probably wouldn't have ended up signing Henry, so all's well that ends well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Total next man syndrome from City here. Aguero aside, nobody else seems willing to take any responsibility.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Imagine being a grown adult and hitting someone because they scored a goal.

Edit: Morality aside, it was a **** punch as well.
Yeah massively depressing. Like you say, a grown man attempting to physically assault someone because of a game. How many brain cells do you have to lack to think this is a good thing to do

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
people die from those

of course the head smashing into concrete plays a role, which isn't as much of a factor, but yeah.