• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
roseboy64 said:
Well that happens when you're not surrounded with other guys who can score.
and if that is the case then how do you explain henry scoring so many goals ? arsenal have an entire midfield of goalscorers.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
sledger said:
when shearer played with les ferdinand he scored a great deal of goals as well......
I said surrounded. True Shearer has had quality partners but if they were really any good they'd be matching him or pretty close. Shearer is/ was great so that's understandable if he scored more often. Rooney's just started to come into himself :huh: and as the years go along he will score more goals per season.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes but you said the reason rooney wasnt scoring loads was because he was surounded by goalscorers.
anyway i think we have done this argument too death. widening it out what are your general thoughts about next year?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Chelsea will most likely dominate and as usual most if not all the promoted sides will go down.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
the champions league 4 doest seem to hard too predict i hope arsenal can mount a real chalange otherwise we are in for a pretty dull season

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sledger said:
HES BETTER THAN YOU.
Oh please, try and come up with something beyond the level of a 5 year old.

Also whoever said Man U's midfield was very creative needs their head examining - how can they create anything when they struggle to string 3 passes together?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope the bickering schoolchildren on this thread have entered marc's fantasy football mini-league, I need someone other than me (I've never played it before) to occupy the bottom rung.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
I hope the bickering schoolchildren on this thread have entered marc's fantasy football mini-league, I need someone other than me (I've never played it before) to occupy the bottom rung.
There's currently 10 entrants, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more before the season starts.

Craig

World Traveller
roseboy64 said:
What about Arsenal makes you think that? Their goalkeepers have problems. The defence is questionable. Midfield also now slightly with Vieira gone. Henry's the only real stiker they have. Bergkamp's still got it a bit though and van Persie's still unproven.
And I would not be letting him near any young ladies any time soon.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
For all the discussion of midfields, I'll just ask - which side is currently using Alan Smith in a holding midfield role?
And keeps picking Phil Neville.

Then again Sven has a thing for Phillip Neville.

Speaking of the Nevilles - Dave when you saw Gary Neville walking down the street did you chant 'USA USA' instead of instead of what you were planning to do? Either way he would have been impressed.

Craig

World Traveller
roseboy64 said:
Chelsea will most likely dominate and as usual most if not all the promoted sides will go down.
West Brom's chances will depend on how long Kirkland goes with out getting injured.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Oh please, try and come up with something beyond the level of a 5 year old.

Also whoever said Man U's midfield was very creative needs their head examining - how can they create anything when they struggle to string 3 passes together?
so you agree wwith me then piscine? thats certainly a first.

and secondly i also look forward to seeing you at the bottom of the fantasy football charts.