• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Well Lancashire have been underachieving over the last couple of years and i wouldnt be suprised if they fail again. They seem to think they are far better than they are or atleast some of their fans do.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
they have to win this year on the achievemnets board at old trafford have been empty since 99 so its time lancashire win something....

Rich2001

International Captain
aussie said:
they have to win this year on the achievemnets board at old trafford have been empty since 99 so its time lancashire win something....
Well on that note then, Kent will win the County Championship as we have won that in a while :D

But on 20/20 - Surrey just keep having this nack of winning games that they seem out of so whoever wins that semi will win the comp for me.

Swervy

International Captain
kendall said:
Well Lancashire have been underachieving over the last couple of years and i wouldnt be suprised if they fail again. They seem to think they are far better than they are or atleast some of their fans do.
the reality is though that there is more talent in the Lancashire squad than probably any other county in the country..a lot of the problem with lancs is simply to do with the weather..last year Lancashire probably went down for two reasons a) the batting didnt catch fire like the season before and b) rain effected so many games and spoiled the chance to win games

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
Only thing I can think of is that HD Ackerman forgot about the bonus point, and was waiting to declare when Habib reached 150* - still stupid anyway, but then they don't have bonus points in SA where he's from, do they?
They do. IIRC it's 0.02 of a point for every run and 0.15 of a point for every wicket, or something silly like that...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hanuma said:
thanks...great reply :)

any there that could push for england soonish?
If soonish means within a year...only Joyce would push for Bell's spot in the middle-order, I'd say. That's about the only change I can think England would ponder at the moment - apart from a wicket-keeper, Read's been tried out and Prior hasn't impressed with the bat this year (he might still be selected, mind)

Langeveldt said:
Not bad for a fish
I like fishing for information...*ducks*

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
This is always brought up but i they arent even dominating the 2nd devision i dont care how much talent they have

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
kendall said:
This is always brought up but i they arent even dominating the 2nd devision i dont care how much talent they have
i wont worry too much about that has yet...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
kendall said:
they dominated the twenty20 northern group though.. unless you know another side that hit 3 consecutive 200+ scores and then added Symonds and Flintoff to their side?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Flintoff gone for 49 off 28 with 3x6, 163-3 after 16, a good total so far for Lancs - Symonds and Cork together into the last four, if Symonds gets a decent amount of the strike they could be looking at 210-215, a very imposing total.